Archery Talk Forum banner

Best 4 Bows Running

725 Views 13 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  JeffB
Alright, I'm doing this just to shake you guys up a little bit. Say I'm looking for a new hunting bow. But hey, I also love shooting 3D and I certainly wouldn't turn down a challenge on the indoor range. So I need just one single bow that would cover everything. I've got (what I've gathered as) the best 4 bows that are currently on the market, to choose from. Here is the list:

1. Hoyt Alphamax 35
2. PSE X-Force
3. Mathews Monster
4. Bowtech Admiral

Notice not all of them are the same ATA, but they are still very versatile bows. Now taking into effect that I only want to max my poundage out at 60 pounds, I will be lacking in the speed department. So what I'm asking is, bare bones, hands down, what bow do you guys think is superior to the rest and why? I know I'm going to be getting all different answers but I want to know why you thought so and if and how much experience you've had with the others.

Ethan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
With what you have I would say the Hoyt.

But while I was at the 3-D National Trail Shoot. The most common bows were Hoyt, Darton, PSE, and Mathews.

I shoot Darton now you could check them out thier IBO is measured at 60# with 28". I would stay with the pro line.

· A.K.A. Big JW
2,745 Posts
I have not shot any of the four you have listed. However, of the four the AM 35 is the only one I would even consider. Not into the speed bow thing and I've had great luck with Hoyts in the past. That being said I now have two Alpine Venturas, one for hunting and one for targets (indoors and 3D). This is the only bow I need.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
I think many have overlooked Mathews Drenalin LD. This is an all around shooter for spots, 3D, and hunting.

· Registered
9,755 Posts
If you want a great all around bow, you should consider the Bowtech Sentinel in place of the Admiral due the the longer ATA. I'd forget about the monster and x-force unless you are an extremely good archer with excellent form. These bows will be pretty much useless at spots and 3D in the hands of the average archer.

· Registered
525 Posts
Drenalin LD

ditto its the best all round bow that i can think of!
I think many have overlooked Mathews Drenalin LD. This is an all around shooter for spots, 3D, and hunting.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
Specwise, the Am35 is the one on your list that would have the best chance to perform all 3 duties well- and I OWN an Admiral too (Shoots extermely well, but a 31" bow? spots? not for me).

That said, I'm just not gelling with my AM35 (CPS/C.5s and me never get along it seems), so I'd go off the list and look at the BowTech Sentinel, Elite XLR ,or the Elite GT500.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.