Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What does everyone think the best hunting/target bow is, regardless of price and also holds its value?????????????????

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
also holds its value?????????????????

Yea Right

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Drenalin LD makes a great all around bow and is what I chose. The best? That's for you to decide. I would look at something longer axle to axle, say 35 plus. The Alphamax 35 would be good. Maybe a GT 500 or a Bowtech Sentinel. Lots of good choices today!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,361 Posts
Most bows lose in value but Mathews seem to hold better resale value.

A Drenalin LD would be a great choice.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
If you arnt worried about price, then the Hoyt elites are a great bow to look at. the shoot through riser act like a arrow containment system so your arrow cant fall off. it is a great bow, if you are willing to spend the money for one.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Alphamax, Z28, Dream Season, 3 great bows you cant go wrong here

·
Registered
552 Posts
PSE X-Force

I use my XF-6 for everything and love it. You can always go with the 7" brace height if the 6 scares you. They are only a couple of years old but they seem to be holding their values nicely as well if you check ebay and the classifieds. Have fun!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Best All-a-round Bow ????????
Simple. Mine...the one I'm shooting right now:wink:

May seem like a wise guy but here's no such thing as Best All-a-round Bow for everyone.:darkbeer:

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Best all around bow

I would say anything with specs in the 38" ATA and 7" BH range. Bows like the Hoyt 737, Mathews Drenalin LD, Martin Slayer Extreme w/ Nitrous cams, PSE Shark-X, Bowtech Commander would all be good choices. Don't count on any bow holding its value, though; as soon as you walk pay for the bow and it becomes "used", you can count on losing several hundred bucks if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My 08 Guardian that's set up for me and can hit little circles, fake foam animals, and real live animals too.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What does everyone think about bows made by alpine?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I myself try not to. I'm sure they make a good bow. Buy one and let us know. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
What does everyone think the best hunting/target bow is, regardless of price and also holds its value?????????????????
..Gotta be Hoyt's ProTec and/or UltraTec...Good all-round length/brace specs, good arrow speed, durability rating second to none, and '03-'06 models in good shape still selling for $350.00-$450.00...Many cam and limb and grip options to be had, as well as some very nice Target colors...The Elite series from Hoyt with shoot-through risers are pretty much the same thing, but some folks dont like the shoot through risers for hunting...Mathews Apex 7 seems to be another bow that is a good all-rounder, and hold it'svalue well also...Harperman

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hoyt Alpha 35 or Ultratec

Hoyt Alpha 35 or Ultratec:wink:

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I think they are great. :thumbs_up

Bow that will hold the most value, Mathews.

When I buy stuff, I buy it cause I like it and plan to keep it, holding value isn't much of a thought to me.

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Hoyt UltraTec...period

1 - 20 of 28 Posts