Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot indoors inthe winter time at the local club(It is about 20 yds.) and I was wondering what size aluminum arrow to use. I shoot a Mathews Q2 set at 55 lbs. I have a 29 inch draw and I currently shoot easton lightspeed 400s that are 29.75 inches with nock and tip. I was thinking of gettig some Easton X7 Eclipse's in size 2512 (30") with 1.75" feathers, "G" nocks, and a 150 grain bullet point. I was wondering if that would be the right size or not.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Alum arrows

Your selection sounds very good. I don't think you need 150 grain points, but they will work fine. I might suggest that you try some x-7's in 2314. I have found these arrows to be very accurate and durable. I shoot them with Easton 100 grain points, and 3" feathers or some 3 " Duravanes. They are great spot arrows unless you are shooting FITA. I don't think the 2314's will make the FITA diameter limit.
Good Luck.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
arows

Your selection should be good but try some 2413 with 110 grain points as well.....way more durable for indoors..............can't really wear them out.........if you are set on aluminum that is, if not get some Gold Tip X Cutters and you will be impressed as well...that 2314 is legal guys, the limit is 23/64's...........so all 23 diameter arrows are legal for fita

1 - 4 of 4 Posts