Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, what is the best archery magazine out there? I'm not wanting another bowhunting magazine, but one that has more about target shooting. Mainly interested in 3-D but like anything with articles on shooting, form, judging yardage, equipment set-up, tuning, etc., etc. I've been thinking about getting 3-D Times but wanted to hear what you guys have to say.:brushteet

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Which One Do You Like?

Now come on guys...I know some of you get some of these mags. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i really like Bow and Arrow Hunter! it a really good mag i just got a 2 year to it!:tongue:

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
I've only seen 1 volume of it, but the one I saw was nice. It was called Archery Focus. Seemed geared mostly to target with an emphasis on FITA.

I have not seen any further volumes to tell if it covers other areas but I'm sure others have seen and will be able to comment.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
US Archer International

The NFAA membership magazine use to be very good, but after awhile all magazines seem to fizzle out without new writers, articles, and new ideas.

The only reason I canceled my subscription to the US Archer was because they were printing the same articles as the NFAA magazine or vice-versa, but then I had a minor problem with the NFAA concerning personel and my 30 pin,so I canceled them too.

That was smart, now I have no magazines coming in at all, thus the reason for my activity on AT.

I plan on re-upping with both in the future because they are good archery magazines.

I also agree Archery Focus is a good magazine because they have great articles on equipment and tuning tips.:wink:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
US & International Archer bought out 3D Times over a year ago and I think in that year they have made some positive steps in the right direction. They have done some new graphics changes and broader coverage of all archery.

Check it out. www.usarcher.com

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Bow and Arrow Hunting

Back in 1998 I had a magazine called The Ultimate Bowhunter...it was by far the best mag I have ever had but they closed up shop, guess they ran out of $$.
Anyways, now days, I usually get them all but Bow and Arrow is the one I will stick with next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts