Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on what arrow would work best for a short draw length? I am currently at 25.5" and shooting 73lbs. I am looking to get more penetration without loosing a lot of speed for shooting out to 50 yards.

·
Hunter of many things
12,158 Posts
There is no best. What are you shooting now? What dont you like about them? Penetration means add arrow weight and arrow weight slows things which we both know. So if you have a speed in mind add arrow weight until you get to your min speed requirement.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
So I'm guessing a hunting arrow because who wants more penetration on a target? Right? The thing is weight (wether GPI or mole FOC) is where you get penetration. Other than adding weight, broad head design is the only other thing you can address. (some believe a skinny shaft helps, but I have yet to see any scientific evidence) So what broad head are you using? Did you have an issue? A 2 blade with a good angle that is made from quality tool steel honed razor sharp will give you the most penetration. There is no "magic" arrow (ones with consistent spine help with accuracy).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts