Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm really confused on which arrows to get. Also I'm confused on which specs of the arrow are the best. I'm somewhat new to bow hunting and need some help. I am pulling back a little above 50 lbs and I have a draw length of 30. Also I'm hunting whitetail. Any help is appreciated thanks.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
I would go with a 400 spine Easton axis or Bemen nightfall with a 100 gr vipertrick or slicktrick
should put you close to 400 gr , more than enough to kill whitetail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot last year I bought 100 grain hell razors will that get the job done or should I upgrade that too ?

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
those will get the job done

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Hello I'm really confused on which arrows to get. Also I'm confused on which specs of the arrow are the best. I'm somewhat new to bow hunting and need some help. I am pulling back a little above 50 lbs and I have a draw length of 30. Also I'm hunting whitetail. Any help is appreciated thanks.
I have a bow set up at 50lbs/29", and I use it from time to time when I don't have a buck tag. I have used Victory HV400's with 100gr Steelheads, and 100gr NAP Nitron's, Gold Tip UL 400's with the same heads, and Beman ICS400's. They will pass through a large doe out to 25-30yds or so, past that, don't count on it with the heads I've listed. If you will take longer shots, look for a smaller cut on contact head. For a reference, my 50lb Turbotec is as fast as my long extinct 60lb Jennings T-Star with arrows of the same weight. Last year I was dealing with a mean case of tennis elbow, and was limited to hunting with my 52lb Katera with CX200/85gr Spitfire. I was able to get complete penetration on the buck in my Avatar, (192lbs hanging) at 22yds. The CX200's are the same weight as a GT Velocity/UL 400.

·
Mark
5,226 Posts
Getting correct spine is important and I would guess 400 in most arrows. Many good arrows and many opinions on heavy or mid weight. I would look at Gold Tip Velocities or Hunters and with 100 g head you will be in the 350-390 range which is great for deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts