Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an opinion question...but what is everyone's favorite hunting arrow rest?

I'm looking to buy a rest to put on my new hoyt turbo hawk and I'm undecided. I want a good rest mainly for hunting but I also shoot in a broad head league and sometime's shoot spots. As of right now I'm kind of leaning twords a limb driver. But I wanna hear everyone else's opinion.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
i am a big fan on the no frills no fail whisker biscuit, i shoot it in competition and although i probably will change to the vapor trail rest for competition ,
(since i was selected for one of there staff shooter positions, i ought to at least give it a hard run) my hunting rig will never wear anything but a biscuit as long as they are made...

·
Registered
126 Posts
woodsarcher1

You can't go wrong with a limbdriver rest. It comes in many colors and is so simple to install. The limbdriver will be the last arrow rest you will ever need or want to shoot

·
Registered
579 Posts
limbdriver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing else to say

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Limb driver...for me

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I love my bodoodle, I switched to a limbdriver for about a month and then the bodoodle went back on for hunting season. If you like dropaways though the limbdriver is probably the best out there.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hunting rest
Whisker Biscuit Simple and works

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I haven't found anything better than the Limbdriver. Its easy to set up the only thing I wish they'd change on it or start making is is a micro adjust LD. Then it'd defently be the ultimate rest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whats so great about the Limbdriver ? Not knocking it or anything, I just wanna know.

Someone recommended PSE Phantom to me so thats what I use and I love it. But I need a rest on my other bow as well.

Why would I like a Limbdriver ?

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,295 Posts
I have been shooting a whisker biscuit for about a month now and will never put anything on a hunting bow again other than this.

I used the old TM hunter for years, had a QAD, and a ripcord. I like the fall aways and never had any big problems with them. But this whisker biscuit is so simple that I just can't see using anything else.

If I was going to get another fall away, I want to try a limbdriver.

Anyone that says they are not accurate has not set them up properly. My HHA on my hunting bow is taped out to 106 and I practice at 100 everyday I shoot.

One of the guys I shoot with puts 3 arrows in a paper plate regularly at 135 with a whisker biscuit. Of course he has been shooting competition for 20 something years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone tried out the mathews down force? It's a few more dollars than the limb driver but it's suppose to stay with the arrow just as long as the ld does. But I don't know if it's ethical to put a mathews rest on a hoyt bow :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts