Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Arrow Set-up For 20 Yard Spots Shooting

1133 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Stormbringer
I just purchased some Easton Fatboy 400 spine shafts. They will be used for 20 yard spots only. I am shooting a Martin Scepter 4 Furious X Cam shoot thru system at 52 lbs, the length to the back of the riser (closest to the target) is 27.75 inches. My goal is to obtain the best arrow flight possible. I have several questions. 1) Should I be concerned with FOC and if so what %?
2) Should I leave the arrow length long?
3) Should I use a heavy points, 225 grains?
Your help will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Nikonman
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Lot of different ways to set an arrow up. I don't think there's any need, however, to be pushing 200+ gr points though on that arrow. I've got some set up right now, 150gr Pro Pin Points (Competition Archery Products), cut to approximately 29" and they were working very well for me at 20yd. I still like my 2512's so, turns out, they also work very well out of my son's bow at 35# with his 26.5" draw length (i.e. arrows overhang rest by nearly 3"). With your draw weight and draw length, I'd be willing to bet a very similar set-up would work just as well for you.

>>------>

· Registered
4,159 Posts
I have a very similar set up with a mystic shoot through at 53.5lbs and 27" draw. im using 2312's with 109gr point and 5" helicaled feathers. works awsome. shooting better than ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.