Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowtech Insanity CPXL, 31.5" DL, 70 pounds - what is the best hunting arrow setup for me (head weight, fletching height, spine)?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
538 Posts
Since I have the same bow and draw length it is a process because of the poundage and arrow length..

If you are gonna stay with 70#'s will have to go to 250's they are a bit stiff but a 300 is a bit weak.
I set mine down to 65#'s and 300 axis are spot on for spine.. I use Blazer vanes and reflective wraps.. 100gr head..
Chrono-ed at 291fps with 483 gr arrow... That's what I use cause I found it works but haven't hunted with it yet since just got the bow few weeks ago... I haven't shot 70#s for awhile but want to work back up to it for elk next year...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Depending on what you want to hunt.. 60-65 #'s shooting a heavy arrow we can make up speed with draw instead of poundage..
I just ordered some GoldTip 300 Velocity and Hunters Pros to try since they are a good 50grs lighter than the Axis I usually shoot..
I like the smaller diameter arrows for bucking the wind when shooting longer range but I am just playing around at the moment..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those sound great too! I really appreciate all of your help. I'm going to start looking at all three of those. And the arrows would only be for whitetail. Its the biggest game we have here, nothing big like bear, elk, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts