Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Previously, I posted a question on a number of sites regarding what folks thought was the “Best Bang For The Buck” in a bolt action rifle. I received a broad range of opinions but in the end there was a clear consensus (Savage).

Today I ask the question: What do you believe is the Best Bang for the Buck in a recurve and/or long bow?

Thank you in advance for your participation,
Konrad

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on your level of serious intent/pursuit, and how big of a buck bang you intend to detonate.
Let's not over think it!
Fooling around, with of Whitetails and Blacktails in mind.
I shoot a compound on a daily basis when time and weather permit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ThwaCK (archery bang)

Hey bud, just a piece of my mind so take it or leave it. But if you intend on seriously getting into this (if you are not already) I would advise you to look at some of the custom builders on here and talk to them. Most are really affordable and less than alot of other custom makers and IMO you are left with somethin that no one else has this will be a piece of history some day to a child or grandchild and means more than just a stickbow its "dad's or Grandad's bow" and if you decide to go this route PM me and I'll give you the names of a few guys I've talked to they are all really good guys and mostly break even on this stuff to keep their wive's from being dispositioned!

just .02!! TJW

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Without “over thinking it”…as far as recurves go I don’t think you can get a better bang for your buck than testing the waters with a vintage bow. For $75 - $150 you can get a bow, in a hunting weight, that has stood the test of time and has held or, more than likely, improved on its value. Plus…the bang should be good enough to enable you to invest in much needed arrows. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. Rick.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I'm currently shooting Manchester solo longbow.
I bought it because it was cheap,an to some folks "pretty nasty".
I've had it about 3 months,shoot it about once a week and can shoot it very fast in an instinctive manner out to 20 yards without any real thought,,,and it's very accurate.
The price in the USA for these things is around $150 and their finish ect reflects that price.
I belive either Lancaster or Kustom king carry them.
I can shoot thrown tennis balls out of the air with the thing around 75% of the time,but on a Target course it's a little harsh on the draw cycle and by the end of the day it's really starting to feel like it's a heavier draw wheight than it really is.
It's a very mild 68" R/D design,has a slight locator grip,doesn't have much in way of hand shock,and is in my opinion is the best value for money you can buy,,,,but nobody is ever going to tell you it's pretty.

Recurves,,,,Quinn hands down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts