Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I need to know what is the warmest base layers that are available for cold weather hunting? Details please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have had great experience with justin charles merino wool! Comfortable and warm!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Check out Patagonia wool. It's pricy, but the best. I guide all winter for Steelhead in waist deep water and found only their wool as a base layer with some fleece to be the ticket. Cold to me is -10 wadding in water. If it's not that cold check out their Capilene too. They make both in different weight fabrics.

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Minus 33 merino wool..

Excellent quality, and cheaper than most of the other brands.. Couldnt be happier with mine!

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Minus 33 merino wool..

Excellent quality, and cheaper than most of the other brands.. Couldnt be happier with mine!
how to you wash them? is there special instructions/care? Thanks!

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
how to you wash them? is there special instructions/care? Thanks!
The Minus 33 stuff is machine washable and dry-able.. Not all of the brands are, so its something to look for..

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I'm cheap, so I hit the second hand stores and find quality wool products there. Who cares what it looks like, it's a base layer. I have an excellent, dense wool sweater and wool long jonhs. I spent less than $20 on both. Machine wash and lay them out to dry. No problem.

·
Vendor
90,506 Posts
first lite makes some great base layers...as wool is the ultimate base layer...pm us if you need help we are running some pre season specials

we also have some ua 3.0 tops 55 shipped

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I'm currently using the scent blocker mid weight base layers. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
387 Posts
First Lite was my choice for this years elk hunt and it is proving to be some of the best gear decisions I've made. Good luck in your decision making.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i like to wear under armor as a base layer, wicks the sweat away when you get hot walking to the stand so you dont get cold after you get in the stand.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I use Kuiu Merino Wool and love it!

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Look no further than First Lite Merino Wool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts