Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting into bow hunting and am wanting to keep my budget under the $500-$600 mark. I am 5'11"-6' on a good day with a wingspan of 73". I'm not sure how I will be hunting ie: tree stand, swing, blind, etc.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you're going new, you can pick up a paradox rth package around that price. Used, quite a few options, probably even a ip to a kuma.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
gf wants to get into archery, thinking about an approach based on the good reviews but wonder if that 6in brace height will make it hard for a beginner to shoot? saw a used agenda 7 for about the same price. any opinions?

·
Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
836 Posts
RTH package Bear has several to choose from in new. I really like my Bear Authority, its a little older from 2015 but it has been a sweet bow. Anything Bear makes is nice. Great performance without the hefty price tag.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Species is a good bow,as well as the Paradox.
I have the Cabelas Optimus,which is the Bear Rant,and its a great bow.
The Rant can be found as a package for around 300 to 350 brand new.
Shoots as good as any high dollar bow I've had

·
Registered
33 Posts
I picked up a bear paradox hc off of eBay for $449 new. I’m super happy with it. Doesn’t shoot like my buddy’s vxr but for a first bow I couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go to all your local shops, shoot the bows, and pick the bow and shop you like the best. For me two out of three shops did not have great customer service so I went with the one I felt good about spending my money with. Support your local shop and they'll support you when something breaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts