Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
There are several decent binos in that price range.....be sure to get a pair that have phase-correction as it does really make a difference. In that price range I would look at the Pentax DCF WP, Nikon Monarch, Brunton Eterna, Bausch & Lomb Discoverer. Look thru them all and pick the ones that you like best...everybody's eyes are different.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Steiner 8x30 military marine - $200.

They are tanker-tough and very fast to use. The optics are pretty good - very clear and sharp, full-field focus. The ads claim one adjustment brings everything into focus from 20 yards out, and I've found this to be true.

Downsides: not water proof, lens coating is nothing to write home about, and they are green. Another $200 gets you mil-spec waterproofing and much better lens coating. Sometimes you can find them with a range-finding reticle, too.

Scott

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
My vote.....

Goes to Alpen. They make the greatest glasses for the money. I purchased a pair of 8x42 for about 150$. Completely waterproof with a lifetime guarantee. Good clear glass also. It was either Sports Afield or Field and Stream that voted them Best Buy for the money. My first set(8x25 compact) I dropped on a concrete floor while shooting indoor leagues. They flew out of my quiver and hit dead on the glass and broke. Sent them back to be repaired fully expecting to pay for it, and they shipped me a brand new set at no charge! Can't beat them as far as I'm concerned!:D ....................................PUG

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bino's

ya gott check these out for the money. I bought a pair of the 12X50 Ruby lens from him in Auburn at the asa Pro/Am , I know they are cheap but I shot in all the pro/ams after that and never had a target I couldn't call the scores on the arrows from the shooting stake. The price is right and they work great.

http://www.coffeymarketing.com/product.asp?pmid=321001

The b1250 is what i bought.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you can muster up $350, you MUST look at Leupold "Wind River" bino's....They outperform my $500 Steiners, plus they are waterproof and have a great warranty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
recently bought a pair of wind river cascades and love them.
compared them to pentax dcf wp, nikon monarchs and bushnell legends and they where the best AND the least expensive!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I'd give a serious look at the Alpen's as well. I had the opportunity on a few ocassions to look thru their bino's (AC, Vegas, etc.) and I was impressed. Excellent prices and one thing I noted was that they were substantially lighter than some of the higher end models I looked over - something I also consider since I typically hang my bino's from my quiver when out shooting.

>>------>

·
Registered
236 Posts
arrowwrecker said:
recently bought a pair of wind river cascades and love them.
compared them to pentax dcf wp, nikon monarchs and bushnell legends and they where the best AND the least expensive!
Just so everyone knows, Wind River binocs are genuine Leupolds, why they have a different name I dont know. They also work great for you guys that wear glasses!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Go with Nikon Monarch's

249 over at www.opticzone.com I use the 8x42 for 3D and hunting. Great optics for the money and they have a no fault life time warranty.
Joey

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nikon ATB, 8X42 or 10X42
Fully multi coated, phase corrected, water proof
A great pair of binos for about $300

Also look at Eagle optics (www.eagleoptics.com) Their house brand stuff is very good for the money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a pair of Cabelas brand which are made by BAusch and Lomb. I have had them for several years and they don't get babied. They cost me $200+ back then and I don't know what they are going for now. They have been very good binos and have served me well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Give the Wind River by Leupold a try. I bought the 10x50's, they are extremely bright and I can see all the scoring rings in the Open Class distance (45 +-). I paid $200 and their on sale right now at Bass Pro.

They have the Leupold reputation and warranty behind them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybosy ever looked at Barska's I bought a pair of 12-50 for $90 dollars and when people look through them they are amazed at what I paid.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Alpen..............I have apair of 8x30 waterproof for sale. $80

I bought a pair of Brunton.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Go to this site and click on Binoculars on the left side of the page. Click on all the options you want such as price, power, manufaturer, etc...and it will bring up a list of options. Great people, great servive, great products.

eagleoptics.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts