Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, curious what y'all where on your feet for all-weather boots? Hunting Primarily in Oregon and hiking a lot I can encounter all kinds of weather during the ruts of elk and deer season. Everything from 80+ degrees and sunny to snow like we got this September in places. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's so subjective and really depends on the style of boots you like too. Do you like light weight hiking boots, or do you prefer a heavier, all leather boot? Also do you like a 10" boot or do you prefer a shorter boot?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Dont have experience with any but have heard good things about all these brands. Kenetrek, crispi, lowa, lathrop and sons, just to name a few. Only you can decide what boot works for you.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I've used mainly Danner, Mendl, and Crispi. Danner is a great boot, but not for heavy use, at least in my experience. Both the Mendls and the Crispis have performed greatly, but I prefer the Crispis. I put on about 45 days in them this season, 15 of which were extreme terrain with heavy pack. Very pleased.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Ideally it would be a durable boot that doesn't feel like I'm wearing ankle weights. Need to have the ability to keep my feet dry and take a pounding. Couldn't care less how tall they are or what the material is so long as they will last more than a season or 2 and keep my feet warm and dry.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Try them all. What fits me most likely won't for you. Been through a few pair of good hikers. Lowa Camino was a good hiker for me as is my current Asolo Evo. Both fit my foot. Most other manufacturers do not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really like Asolo's, but which ever boot you decide on kick the standard inserts to the curb and get some sure feet inserts!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
As a brand I like Danner. Have a pair of 400 and 1000 gm insulate. Great to hike\hunt in.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've had nothing but awesome experiences with lowa, redhead and a cabelas pair that I got on sale. I like 8-10" boot that's light (goretex).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just bought a pair of Salomon quest 4d gtx. Testing then out in Canadian winter and let you know. Did a lot of research and they were the best on a fix budget I could find.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Lowa for warmer weather and Irish setter elk tracker 600gram for colder for me. Really like the elk trackers. I spend most of my winters working outside building houses in them also.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,265 Posts
I have a set of UA SpeedFreaks that I love for elk hunting, I bought a set of Danners this year for deeer hunting, hopefully they will last me longer then the 2 years the last ones did.... threads dry rotted and boots fell apart..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Go try a pair of Meindls man and they blow away Danners because danners dont have much support in arch, when u start walking on rocks you can feel the rocks Meindls you cant also with the Meindls you can grip rocks with minimal contact to pull yourself uphill. Danners I can destroy in a season. With meindls I oil them up put back into box and they mold to your feet. If you wanna pay more then you get into Lowas, Kenetrek etc. Go to cabelas and get fitted remember European size are half size smaller. 12 =11.5

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have done 1300 miles between 9-14,000 feet. Lowa Ranegades by far. They last about 700 miles. Rei garage sales $93, new $229

1 - 20 of 21 Posts