Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am just getting into archery and compound bows. I am looking to purchase something of great quality and accuracy for a lower cost. I would be using it for hobby and leagues once my skill is up.
I am looking for some insight from either female archers or anyone who might have some good insight about 4 specific bows. I am between a 23 - 25 draw length and approx. 30# draw weight.

I have shot a PSE Fever, Bowtech Infinite Edge, Diamond Razor and the Quest G5 Bliss.

I have had such wonderful customer service from so many dealers however, when I go to the shops and look around, shoot and get information I walk out even more confused.
Any inside and comments of why someone would choose one over the other would be much appreciated.

At the moment it is between the Razor Edge and the Quest Bliss.

Thank you!

·
Sultan of Smack
5,466 Posts
My advice to you would be to find a bow that is draw length specific. As long as you're done growing, their is no real need for a bow with a rotating module to adjust the drawlength. You will have a better back wall and cleaner release.

SCFox

·
Registered
606 Posts
My wife had the problem of a long draw length without the upper body strength to draw the bow back....so she ended up getting a Diamond Infinite Edge and she loves it....nice light weight bow..... but if you did decide to go with an Infinite Edge i would upgrade the rest and sight right away....the sight doesn't have enough adjustment....good luck in your search!!!!

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
What style of release aid are you considering ( thumb trigger, hinge or wrist strap-index finger )?

Which bow brands does your closest ( best shop ) carry and support?

I would suggest a bow with at least 70% let off and a smooth draw cycle.

I would suggest a bow weight of 30#-40#...

Select the fastest bow speed rating within your weight range. This will allow you to use more Arrow weights effectively.

Shoot as many bows within your category and eventually one bow will fit properly. I always shoot the new bow with only the rest. You can confuse the true fit of the bow by having accessories installed during the selection process. You can fine tune the bow selected by adding accessories as your skill and tastes develop.

Welcome to Archery...:wink:

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's hard to tell someone what kind of bow they think you should buy. Everyone has different wants, needs, taste and budget. My advice is to go to as many Archery Shops you can find and try as many bows as you can within all your criteria. Bows are def personal preference no matter what anyone tells you is best. Don't let anyone sway you make that choice for youself and no one else or you will never be completely happy.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
don't let anyone sell you a bow that has to high a draw weight and tell you '' oh, you'll be pulling that weight in no time'' , YOU WON"T .

·
Registered
316 Posts
New female archer here...just started a couple wks ago..tried out bows and since I knew I was going to start at a lower draw weight and go up as my strength increased... I settled on the infinite edge. I started in the 20s for draw wt and 2 wks later am very comfy around 40-42# and 26" draw length. I did upgrade the rest and sight right away because for me, they just didnt work.....sight was very hard to sight in...even shimmed it..and didnt care for rest...all this being said..you have to find that bow that fits you...if you know you want to stay at 30# dtaw wt and never increase..maybe select a bow for that range? I know both the infinite edge and g5 bliss allow for growth. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Being your not a child I would go with the PSE fever, you won't ever need all the adjustment of something like an infinite edge and you will get better performance and a better feeling cam out of it. The fever one is an awesome little bow especially for the money.

·
OnTheWayOut
2,903 Posts
The beauty of the fever one is the versatility of the cam. Great bow. Quick. Quiet. Accurate. My 11yr old is deadly with hers. Already racked up her first Robin hood

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My vote goes to the Fever One as well. The Vision, Fever, Diamond Infinite Edge and the rest of the dual cam, split yoke on both ends rotating module bows don't even compare to the Fever One as a small framed archer bow. They have a real deal draw cycle, valley and letoff with a nice backwall. For most of my customers, the bows I mentioned above were not nearly as forgiving as the Fever One or bows similar to it with a full grown cam.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Check out the mission flare, my wife shot several bows and she liked this one the best, smooth draw and for short draw and lower DW it is fast, ultimately though you need to go with what feels best.

·
Registered
164 Posts
infinite edge worked awesome for my gf ,now she shoots a jewel and loves it too ...she refuses to sell the edge because it still shoots so well.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I set my wife up w a 2012 Chaos 1 NI. Same as the Fever 1. 40lb max and at the lowest it's at 27lbs shooting 25 draw. She needed a light bow as she is small framed and the single cam and 80% let off made it a dream for her.

She tried a mission riot and hated it.

It got narrowed down to the PSE and the Hoyt Ruckus and the PSE won hands down.

Make sure your arrows are cut to the correct length. You will enjoy shooting much more if everything is correctly set up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The PSE Fever is a great choice. Internal draw length adjustment on these bows is excellent. Great shooters. My daughter owns one and my friend is new to archery and bought one as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Your first bow doesn't need to be perfect or break the bank. I started with a used PSE Bandit, yup with the wheels. Loved it, upgraded after I needed more dw. Still use it for bowfishing. I was given a diamond infinite edge to try, great bow! Perfect first bow with all it's adjustments. I use it now for bowfishing as well as it is a little slow. Killer bowfishing rig though! Find one you like, shoot the crap out of it and when it's time to upgrade, you will know what you want and don't want.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't know how much you've shot but I'm going to suggest something different. I bought my wife an older wide adjustment range bow that was cheap and she shot that for a year. She even shot it for winter league. Now that she's built up the shooting strength and proper form and a real disire to shoot we got her a high end bow that we were able to make informed decision on. I'd recommend the same to you. It was a Hoyt trykon jr. You can get one real cheap and it was a good little bow for her and my kids to start on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Daughter is 7 I got her a Mission Menace. She shoots it very well. I set the draw length for me just to test it out. The bow shoots very good. It was the first Mission I ever bought I really like it. So does my daughter if you can take a look at the Mission products

·
Registered
626 Posts
my "lady friend" got the charger vicxen a month ago and loves it.
it may be in the classifieds soon since she has 30-40 limbs and wants to go 40-50

1 - 20 of 24 Posts