Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Hoyt Rintec XL

Votes: 10 20.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea! Yea, I know! You ladies are tired of these threads, but bear with me on this one. I really want to get my wife set up to shoot with me. She is 5'1" and will have a 24" to 24 1/2" draw. She has never drawn a compound bow before, so I would imagine that a draw weight setup in the 30-50 pound range would be good. Give me your female guidance, because "you know how us men are!"

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
My personal opinion is the Equalizer. Very smooth bow to draw and quick. Plus if she ever wants to get into the 3D or hunting thing, she will have the perfect bow for it! :wink: Again, this is just my opinion.

Good luck in your quest!
Dee

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DeeS said:
My personal opinion is the Equalizer. Very smooth bow to draw and quick. Plus if she ever wants to get into the 3D or hunting thing, she will have the perfect bow for it! :wink: Again, this is just my opinion.

Good luck in your quest!
Dee
Thanks Dee!
She enjoys 3-D, well at least going to watch me. But the odds of her EVER hunting are slim and none! Keep the input coming.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the opinion on a newbie

o.k. i just bought a hoyt rintec xl yesterday.:banana: i love it!!! :banana: :RockOn: i have never shot a bow before, just like your wife. my draw length is 24 1/2, my weight is 33lbs. so it sounds like me and your wife are close to the same. i have already hit the bullseye!!! :RockOn: i would suggest she goes to a archery shop that will let her shot it before she buys one, if they have one in your area. i did this, and i knew this was the bow for me. hope this helps some, and tell your wife from one newbie to the other; i think we're going to love this sport (i do not hunt either, just want to do tournaments). :cheer2:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kcmwhitten said:
o.k. i just bought a hoyt rintec xl yesterday.:banana: i love it!!! :banana: :RockOn: i have never shot a bow before, just like your wife. my draw length is 24 1/2, my weight is 33lbs. so it sounds like me and your wife are close to the same. i have already hit the bullseye!!! :RockOn: i would suggest she goes to a archery shop that will let her shot it before she buys one, if they have one in your area. i did this, and i knew this was the bow for me. hope this helps some, and tell your wife from one newbie to the other; i think we're going to love this sport (i do not hunt either, just want to do tournaments). :cheer2:
Thanks for the input - Congrats of the sharp shooting too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I shoot a Browning Micro Adrenaline. I know it's a kid's bow but mine can be adjusted from 35#-50# draw weight. I like the versatility of it. This works well for me because I usually get my draw weight worked up during the summer at 3-D tournaments for hunting season. I can adjust the draw length by adjusting a screw on the cams without a bow press. It's very light weight (I think it's only 5 lbs.) and it's inexpensive ($300). Great starter bow unless you find a used one on e-bay like I did.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have the Selena and i love it! i'm 5'3, 24.5" draw and pull back 45#. i just got into archery last summer. if she thinks archery is something she really wants to keep at, i would recommend the selena. she's pricey but she's worth it.

then again, i'm a hoyt-ie. kinda biased. :tongue:

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bluesun7602 said:
i have the Selena and i love it! i'm 5'3, 24.5" draw and pull back 45#. i just got into archery last summer. if she thinks archery is something she really wants to keep at, i would recommend the selena. she's pricey but she's worth it.

then again, i'm a hoyt-ie. kinda biased. :tongue:
I can deal with pricey! Heck, $400 for a bow will last a great deal longer than $400 of hair care products. :wink: The only thing is it will be a surprise and I can only hope that she really gives it a shot. Then again there is always re-sale!

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
We put close to $700 in my Equalizer. That's with sight, rest and all too. I wouldn't trade it for anything.......

·
Stirring the pot...
882 Posts
I'm with camoqueen. I think the Micradrenaline is a good, inexpensive starter bow, even for a woman. I can't vote for a different starter bow because I shot the Microadrenaline before switching to my Mustang. It was a difficult adjustment but I seem to be doing fine with it now. I did shoot a Selena at a local shop and didn't care for it. I plan to shoot an Equalizer sometime soon to see if I like it. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I have to satisfy my curiosity!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great starter bow!

Just to reinerate...got my first whitetail this weekend with my microadrenaline. She was at 12 yards and got a complete pass through! She only ran 80 yards and collapsed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Look at the Parker micro phoenix. My wife loves hers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My boyfriend bought me a diamond edge for mothera day last year and i love it!! My oldest daughter got a diamind edge for christmas and loves it.... I'm 5'6" pull 35-40 lbs...27" draw...daughter.4'11" pull 21 lbs .... 24"draw...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts