Archery Talk Forum banner

Best bow for hunting and 3D?

574 17
Doesnt matter what class!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Mathews Drenalin LD would be high on that list for me. I like the smooth draw.

If you wanted something a little quicker to give you some leeway on the 3D shoots.... a BT Captain or Sentinel would be a good choice. A Hoyt AM35, or Katera XL would also fit nicely.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Dren Ld, AM 35, Martin Warthog, Rytera Alien X, Bowtech Captain, PSE Dreamseason... too many to list!

· Registered
359 Posts
Whatever you can shoot consistantly. Everyone is gonna toss out a bunch of names. But in the end get what feels the best in your hand. For me it would be my 09 Katera. I can consistantly make arrows touch at 40yrds. Could i do this with every high end bow. Probally not. As not all bows feel good in my hand. I would suggest visit several proshops and shoot as manhy bows asn you can and as many times. Take a few weeks to do this. If able to shoot the DL and poundage you would end up buying.

Remember Get good qaulity accs. Dont go cheap on the sight and rest. They are just as important as the bow... Everything else is in the shooters hand...

· Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks

and keep them coming!

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
Ditto!!!!

Whatever you can shoot consistantly. Everyone is gonna toss out a bunch of names. But in the end get what feels the best in your hand. For me it would be my 09 Katera. I can consistantly make arrows touch at 40yrds. Could i do this with every high end bow. Probally not. As not all bows feel good in my hand. I would suggest visit several proshops and shoot as manhy bows asn you can and as many times. Take a few weeks to do this. If able to shoot the DL and poundage you would end up buying.

Remember Get good qaulity accs. Dont go cheap on the sight and rest. They are just as important as the bow... Everything else is in the shooters hand...
What ever works for you forget what ever opinions that are blurted out on this thread shoot what ever bow feels good for you. There are no bad bows, just stay true to yourself and give it your all. This quote took the words out of my mouth.Well said brother!:shade:

· Registered
12,196 Posts
Hoyt Ultra Elite XT2000/Spiral Cam

· Registered
388 Posts
2007 Diamond Black Ice 277fps @65#

<if that's what you shoot best!>

:wink:

There is about 85 bows out there that would fit your request well.

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Whatever you shoot the best,
I love my 82nd, its lights out on the 3-d course and enough KE in the woods for anything, heck I even leave my hogg it with .010's on for hunting because I am so comfortable with the set up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.