Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad offered to get me a bow press for Christmas, but I wanted a decent one and knew they could be expensive. As a result, I never told him which one I wanted. Well today is my birthday, and he reminded me about the bow press. I feel OK "suggesting" one now that's a bit more pricey since it will be xmas and b-day all in one.

I shoot center pivot bows from BowTech mainly, but I'd like a press that can do standard parallel limb bows too (for friends). Thanks in advance for everyone's input. :teeth:

·
Registered
274 Posts
ez

i own a sure loc but if i were getting a new one it would be the EZ press.They work awesome.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
bow-a-constrictor

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
+1 for the EZ press..I have a homemade version of it, and it works awesome!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i own a sure loc but if i were getting a new one it would be the EZ press.They work awesome.
$600 for a freakin bow press? You've GOT to be kidding me? Am I missing something? I've been considering a press as well, but if I'm looking at the right thing, it's pretty much a guarantee I won't be getting an EZ press.

·
The dude abides
1,065 Posts
$600 for a freakin bow press? You've GOT to be kidding me? Am I missing something? I've been considering a press as well, but if I'm looking at the right thing, it's pretty much a guarantee I won't be getting an EZ press.
Yeah I've always wondered why presses are so expensive, you can look at it like get a press or another bow...it's not like presses are an engineering marvel or take a lot to build. I think I would probably build my own, there are a lot of instructions in the DIY section here.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
543 Posts
I bought a press...like the ez press from sootballs on here for $400. Just like an ez press with the fingers. He is an at member...look him up, awesome press.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I bought a press...like the ez press from sootballs on here for $400. Just like an ez press with the fingers. He is an at member...look him up, awesome press.
I wish he still could make them as i would've got one myself!:( If you think the EZ press is expensive, look at the sure loc press once!:eek: If you need a EZ press, let me know as i can sell you a new one for less than $600! There are some out there (on ebay) for around $150-$250 that use bottle jacks for a home shop, not as fast to set up i would think, but gets the job done. As for the question i would have to agree the EZ press is the best design out there.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I built my own EZ press. I can't imagine an easier press to use. I'd find a homemade one for quite a bit less, unless your Dad doesn't care about the $600 price tag. If not then buy the original.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
well

+ one for the bow a constrictor awesome press.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
most of the quality presses out there cost about that much money. i bought a "caution bar" press right here on AT, for about 300 dollars. it is in essence an ez press, however, due to patent infringement i believe, the ez press knock-offs can no longer be made. with that being said, a sure-loc x press, elp press, or bow a constrictor< will all run you about the same. they are not cheap. your best bet is to search here on AT and see if someone will build you one. joe bass makes an awesome x press knock-off for about 350 dollars ( i think) good luck

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
bow-a-constrictor
Check out the Bow-A-Constrictor from Buckeyearcherysolutions.com. There isn't a bow or crossbow it can't press,it folds up and fits in a bow case for traveling, and can be equiped with the optional Quickdraw-n-Tune accessory for on board cam timing.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I love my EZ Press.

Wasn't $600 when i bought mine. A bit over $500 if i remember right TMD....

·
Vendor
24,457 Posts
I totally agree

It's to beat a bow -a-constrictor. I used it on my xforce, "past parrell limb" on my Hickory creek 24" ata and parrell and also use it on crossbows. I love the quick draw attachment. Works great when adjusting a peep etc.:thumbs_up:smile:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The Bow-a-Constrictor looks interesting. How do you buy one? What is the price? Web site doesn't mention how much or where to buy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts