1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hoyt turbohawk with middle of the road accesories IMO

·
Registered
971 Posts
For a used bow look in the AT classifieds, plenty of really good used bows with accessories on there for under $800.00

If you want new, in my opinion the best value (as stated above) is the Hoyt Turbohawk with whatever accessories you want to put on it.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Hoyt turbohawk $500 (after rebate)
Alpine soft loc quiver $50
whisker biscuit sure shot $75
hha optimizer lite $110
b-stinger $71

That's $806. Buy a half dozen gold tip arrows and you're at $840. Pretty close, if you buy just one or two of those items used you'll be under $800. And that's pretty much premium gear all around. You could easily get a $50 sight, a $20 stabilizer, a $40 basic biscuit, and trim $140 off of that total. You could also probably get a used QAD pro LD for the price of a new pro whisker biscuit. Really, with a quality bow selling for that price you can do just about whatever you want for accessories and stay in budget.

·
shoot what you want
2,112 Posts
maybe a PSE bowmadness with there accessories.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Diamond Nitrous

Buy a brand new with warranty Diamond Nitrous for $399 and put the other $400 towards top quality accessories and arrows. You will not be disapointed with this bow. Do a search here on AT and read for yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I just picked up a new Hoyt Turbohawk as well. I got the bow, sight, rest, cut arrows, peep sight, 1/2 dozen arrows and field tips all for under $800 including tax. Thats before the $50 mail in rebate!!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
maybe a PSE bowmadness with there accessories.
I would agree....best bow for the money I hear.....Or you can get you an Omen for $800 and put your own accs on and have a bad bow!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brute

Check out the PSE Brute. I got one and man was I impressed. Granted I'm no expert but when i took the first shot i was impressed. Not to mention the price. but the elite that is $800.00 rdy to go is pretty hard to pass. I say if you want new go Brude if used is what you want go Elite.

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
rytera alien x for me.

go shoot a bunch in your price range and the right one will jump right out

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
New Bowmadness package for $719.99 or Bowmadness XS for 619.99.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I think the best bang for the buck awards in "mid priced bows" goes to

Diamond Marquis/Nitrous
PSE Bow Madness series
Hoyt TurboHawk
Rytera Alien X

But if we are talking an entire setup for $800 thats tougher- because IMO skimping on the rest and arrows is dumb move- you are better off going with a bit less bow, than getting a higher priced bow and buying a cheap rest and marginal arrows. In that case I would probably go with something like the PSE Brute, Hoyt Powerhawk, Diamond Stud, or Martin MOAB and upgrade the string/cable along with getting a good quality rest, arrows, etc.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts