Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably gonna be light beating a dead horse, but what is the best sight, in your opinion, for roughly $100. Ive got a viper 4 pin and its about like shooting blind anymore. I shot with a buddy yesterday and got to see his new apex atomic 6 pin, and his is like the sun compared to mine. Even with my light on and new fibers, his is brighter with his light off. what gives? So my plan is to buy a new sight, trying to keep it within the $100 range so the boss(aka the wife) doesnt complain to bad. Is a single pin a better option? Ive never used one so I dont know how hard they are to get used to. Are the g5's with the floating pins good sights? I'm open to about any option on a sight now, going to be used for primarily backyard target, hunting, and occasional 3d shoot. Let me know

·
I'm Addicted
223 Posts
Yup

Yeah those apex atomics ain't bad. LOL

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Truglo Micro Brite

I just now got a Truglo Micro Brite in....I got mine off ebay for a pretty good deal and they are around the $100 range with a light and the pins get smaller for further yardages....but I got a smokin deal with a 5 pin .10s for $80 and the pins are super bright....I know a couple people who use them and really like them....I am putting mine on tomorrow

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Don't get a sight with pins that are too bright. Very bright pins can have a halo effect and make the target hard to see. The best setup would be dim pins with a variable high intensity light source. That way you can adjust the brightness of the pins as desired.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sword Twilight Hunter....just put one on my Maxxis. LOVE IT!!! Bright, well built, and easily adjustable! Not to mention, for a little extra you can get custom pin configurations!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
i just put a trophy ridge hitman 5 on my 101st and really like it, comes with a light and easy adjust pins. and i think it retails for like 85 bucks and im not really a pin shooter but this one is working well so far

·
Registered
581 Posts
Black gold flash point. Or if you want to splurge, the ascent is very nice and customizable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1 Hardcore Bowtech - I've got Trophy Ridge Hit-Man 5's on my PSE and they are VERY good. I've noticed that even in VERY bright sunlight, the sight window is big enough to keep most of the glare out as well. I could not be happier with the addition of these sights this year. You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't get a sight with pins that are too bright. Very bright pins can have a halo effect and make the target hard to see. The best setup would be dim pins with a variable high intensity light source. That way you can adjust the brightness of the pins as desired.
I agree 100%. I am always trying to find the best way to block the light from getting to the fiber optic.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree. A few years ago I bought a Cobra Sidewinder as it had the brightest pins of any I could find. It is great in the woods (especially at first/last legal shooting light), but in direct sunlight there is alot of halo effect.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Vital Gear. Rock solid and very bright pins. Only downfall is the crappy light kit. Light is great but the attachment stinks. Not that you really need a light! Oh yeah and built here in the US.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sight

Absolutely Vital Gear.
Well made, tough, and brighter than you want. I have to use electrical tape to tone mine down.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I just now got a Truglo Micro Brite in....I got mine off ebay for a pretty good deal and they are around the $100 range with a light and the pins get smaller for further yardages....but I got a smokin deal with a 5 pin .10s for $80 and the pins are super bright....I know a couple people who use them and really like them....I am putting mine on tomorrow
very underrated sight and priced right too. I love mine.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Apex

Apex Bone Collector 4 pin with Light.. $99.00.. 1st two pins .19 last 2pins .10
Totally tooless design with Micro Adjust.. I like it so much, I sold my spot hogg and got two of these for less then the price of one Spot Hogg...

Very Bright and Light too..

Here's a link to it.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=OCNRDNQ12W2YTLAQBBJCCNNMCAEFGIWE?id=0068105418988a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=1400301&cm_ite=0068105418988a&_requestid=73202

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys. went to the local bow shop to do some searching for sights and got to see the hitman series and they were pretty nice, then he showed me a hha single pin and holy crap that thing is nice. Think i might search for a used one of those. I didnt get to shoot with it, since the only one they had mounted on a bow was on his personal carbon matrix and he wasnt allowing that to happen, but he did take it outside, very overcast today, and it was still bright

·
Registered
455 Posts
This years Copper John Mark III sight is awesome also. .019 pins< but look a bit smaller and plenty bright. Only a little over $100.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to many options out there. I liked the hha with the 0.010 pin he showed me today, but im worried about using that for deer hunting. not sure how much i would trust a single movable pin out in the woods. guess i dont know how durable they really are

·
Registered
14,322 Posts
Black gold has the brightest sights on the market. A few things that they have that other sight companies don't is:
1.Lifetime unconditional warranty on all their sights
2.Their flashpoing series sights have a photochromatic cover over the fibers so they don't starburst at you in bright sunlight but they allow more light in at dawn and dusk. It acts like a transition sunglass.
3. They are made in the USA.
4. One thing i like is if you call them someone will answer and there is always someone that will be willing to help you no matter what. Customer service at its finest with blackgold.

·
Registered
14,322 Posts
thanks guys. went to the local bow shop to do some searching for sights and got to see the hitman series and they were pretty nice, then he showed me a hha single pin and holy crap that thing is nice. Think i might search for a used one of those. I didnt get to shoot with it, since the only one they had mounted on a bow was on his personal carbon matrix and he wasnt allowing that to happen, but he did take it outside, very overcast today, and it was still bright
Only problem with the HHA is that it is hard to mount many quivers onto it. If you do have a sight mounted quiver it sticks way out from the bow causing a lot of torque on the bow. Take a look at the Ascent from blackgold. No problems with mounting any quiver onto it, just as bright, totally customizable, and about 50% more adjustment than the HHA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts