Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am fairly new to archery and am wondering which broadheads would be the best investment? I am planning a summer bear hunt to start and then deer and elk in the fall. Thanks you guys!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree with what he said :)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Tricks :darkbeer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
G5 Montecs are great and very durable. I put one in a block wall and it is still in good condition.:mg: IMG00015-20100314-1850.jpg

·
Living The Dream
3,796 Posts
Magnus Stingers or Buzzcuts-exceptionally sharp, spin beautifully and have a lifetime warranty....

·
Registered
636 Posts
I heard alot of good about SlickTrick's RazorTricks so I just ordered a pack of them.

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
Hello all, I am fairly new to archery and am wondering which broadheads would be the best investment? I am planning a summer bear hunt to start and then deer and elk in the fall. Thanks you guys!
This is kind of like asking what kind of truck is the best..
Everyone's going to say what they shoot.

Many good heads out there. Grim Reapers for Mechanical, Terminal Locks for fixed, slick tricks are very tought to beat also.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
fixed heads that are very good include, montecs, strikers, stingers ,phat heads, crossfires, razorbacks, slick tricks,... muzzy and thunderheads will usually group well but not as reliable to hit the same point as the others...

im not a fan of mechanicals, but the grim reapers have the most reliable record from what i can see and i will be trying the bloodrunners at some point,,

·
Registered
156 Posts
im not a fan of mechanicals neither, i'v heard good things about the slick trick, i have always shot muzzy and probably never will switch

·
Registered
177 Posts
Grim reapers get my vote on the mechanical side. If I still shot fixed slick tricks or montecs would get the nod. I've been too impressed with the performance of the reapers to go back to fixed. The new SS models look very very nice.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Fixed replacement blade heads-

Muzzy 3 blade, STD or MX
Innerloc Carbon Tuner 3 blade
Wasp, any of the 3 blade

I'm not a fan of mechanicals but....

Wasp
Innerloc

And for COC heads

NAP Hellrazor
Magnus Stinger/Buzzcut
G5 Montec

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't know how much poundage your using, but I've always had excellent results from Zwickeys. Launched from either my recurve or compound flight was excellent.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts