Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about changing broad heads and am currently using ST razor tricks. wanting to try G5 montec's , does anyone have any broadheads that they swear by?

·
Strictly Public Land
12,311 Posts
are you opposed to mechanical?

·
Registered
911 Posts
every answer you get will be different.

everyone will just tell you the brand and model broadhead they use.

i think you are on the right track though, stick with regular old fixed blade broadheads, and its hard to go wrong.

if you are using the bow in your signature, your selection is great. pick any of the main fixed blades out there, and you will have success.

some COCs i would look at would be

magnus stingers
steelforce phatheads
slicktricks
dirt naps

or if you want a chisel type tip the obvious, tried and true choices

muzzys
thunderheads
wasps
etc..

i will be shooting phatheads in the 125g version this year i believe. i dont fall for the super duper huge cutting surface crap. its not necessary, and over rated in my opinion.

·
Strictly Public Land
12,311 Posts
RamCat are nice COC heads.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
phat heads, exodus, striker, stinger, all the slick tricks, wasp boss, sharp shooter.... all are very good

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
The St razor is awesome head and the g5 are awesome. with that said I shot both of those and perfer the Qad exodus head.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys

·
pro deer watcher
2,335 Posts
I will say that i have seen rather light blood trails from G5 strikers and montecs not hoorible but light and i noticed that on alot of deer my dad has killed with both of them it often takes a good amount of time for the deer to start bleeding. Im a die hard ST mag guy. Quick Short blood everywhere blood trails

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dirt Nap Gear - Single Beveled

·
Archery Addict
9,394 Posts
I'd personally stick with any of the Slick Tricks. The Slick Trick Mags and Viper Tricks are two of my favorites. But, shoot what you like as long as you can put them in the vitals they will all get the job done.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm a fan of motecs and NAP hell razors, if you want to shoot the motecs grab a pack of the practice heads and see if you like the way they fly first.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Ive shot alot of great heads over the years. Both fixed and mech. (Wasp boss-bullet/Wasp jackhammers/Thunderheads/Rage 2 blade/Rocky Mt. Snypers/Bass pro Gators/Rocket Hammerheads/Rocky Mt razors)
If i could choose just one. Magnus buzzcuts might be my choice.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Im thinking about changing broad heads and am currently using ST razor tricks. wanting to try G5 montec's , does anyone have any broadheads that they swear by?
Look! and listen Any of the broadheads one would use or buy would be good, but to be the Best Broadhead One needs a good arrow behind it with the correct spine weight and foc.with this trinty would make any broadhead Great! good luck

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Look! and listen Any of the broadheads one would use or buy would be good, but to be the Best Broadhead One needs a good arrow behind it with the correct spine weight and foc.with this trinty would make any broadhead Great! good luck
How much FOC?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts