Archery Talk Forum banner

Best broadheads ?

1748 Views 41 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  BowhunterZ6
I was just wondering what everyone thought the best broadheads were, I shoot rage
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
10,066 Posts
No such thing, however:)...

For compounds, the high KE produced lends itself to chisel tip points. These would cause the most damage to bone, and three small blades would cuas the most damage. For this reason, tips like Muzzy are the best choice. Slower compounds or ones with veyr light arrows (less than 400 grains) should shoot cut on contact points, with small diamter blades.

For high speed recurves, three blade cut-on-contact points, most notably the Wesnel Woodsman, is the way to go. They produce enough KE to punch all three blades through, and cause the most damage.

For slower longbows and selfbows, two blade cut on contact points, with the ferul close to the tip, are the best choice. Zwickeys, Magnus, all of these work well. They will provide the optimum cutting for these slower weapons, and should be expected to "cut" through the bone, rather than trying to smash right through, for which they don't posses enough KE.

· Registered
118 Posts
stick with wat youve got, my dad shot his last 5 deer with the 3 blade 100 gn. , the hole was so big, the taxidermist didnt have enough skin to mend up the hole.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
man everyone shoots diffrent ones there are lots of good ones out there but the ones you got wright know are at the top of the list stick with the rages

· Registered
593 Posts
RAGE...but i really like the look of the eastmans, especially the firstcut heads...but looks DO NOT kill:darkbeer:

· Registered
8,075 Posts
eastmons on eastons dare ya to say it 5 times fast.

· Registered
692 Posts
shuttle Ts

· Registered
25,353 Posts
i shoot rage and crimson talon xt.

between the 2 i would take the talons over the rage heads. they r fixed fly better than the rage and creat a mean hole. i love them. never have to adjust my sights.

www.spintite.com

· Registered
148 Posts
i,ve shot quite a few broadheads, right now im shooting rage, so far i think they are the best me and my family has used. that entry hole is just to huge. i know two inches is pretty big, but we have had larger cuts.

· Registered
447 Posts
Best Broadheads

Grim Reaper 100 grain RazorTips all the way

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.