Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around for a new sight to upgrade the RTH Trophy Ridge Joker I've got on my bow currently. Looking in the $100 dollar range and was narrowed down to 2.

1. Dead Ringer The Wheel for an affordable 4 Pin w/ a Floater Pin, but have not seen enough positive feedback to pull the trigger. Ive seen these as low as $63 on amazon.
2. Leaning towards the Trophy Ridge Fix 5 for Micro Adjusting Pins at a good price. I have seen plenty of positive feedback on this sight and lands at only $70.

Any other option I'm overlooking for the Hybrid or Fixed Pin sights primarily for Midwest whitetail and mid to long range practice?

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
1,768 Posts
The CBE TL3 is imo the best budget friendly sight on the market.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
Depends on what you considering "budget" I guess, but the trophy ridge hotwire is a good one. But that could be considered pricey, just not in comparison to the other $300 options haha

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Check out the CBE Tactic and Tactic Hybrid.

These would be my pick if I was looking to upgrade for $100 or less. They are easy to use, have great pins that are bright and they have a nice ring on the scope to center your peep around.

Reactions: Kentucky_JR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on what you considering "budget" I guess, but the trophy ridge hotwire is a good one. But that could be considered pricey, just not in comparison to the other $300 options haha
Agreed. Id be willing to spend a little over for something that delivers a lot. Does the sight tape placement create any frustrations for adjusting in a stand?

·
@ImFree on parlor
Diamond iceman
181 Posts
I've been shopping around for a new sight to upgrade the RTH Trophy Ridge Joker I've got on my bow currently. Looking in the $100 dollar range and was narrowed down to 2.

1. Dead Ringer The Wheel for an affordable 4 Pin w/ a Floater Pin, but have not seen enough positive feedback to pull the trigger. Ive seen these as low as $63 on amazon.
2. Leaning towards the Trophy Ridge Fix 5 for Micro Adjusting Pins at a good price. I have seen plenty of positive feedback on this sight and lands at only $70.

Any other option I'm overlooking for the Hybrid or Fixed Pin sights primarily for Midwest whitetail and mid to long range practice?
Rocky mountain makes good budget sights

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

These would be my pick if I was looking to upgrade for $100 or less. They are easy to use, have great pins that are bright and they have a nice ring on the scope to center your peep around.
I really like the Hybrid... if this was 4 pin I would buy it now. I may go with a 3 pin hybrid though... Hadnt thought about anything less than 4 but this looks perfect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Trophy Ridge Hotwire. It is a nice sight. The 2 pins are micro adjust just like the fix which I really like. I don't plan on adjusting the bottom one in the tree. I use it mainly for shooting 3D and make it a 20-30-40 once season opens. I like only having the 3 pins when hunting instead of the 5. Keep an eye on the classifieds here there are alot of sights in the $100 range

·
Registered
4,159 Posts

Yep great sights love my tactic

·
Registered
44 Posts
CBE Tactic Micro. $79 , 3 or 5 pin, micro click adjustable, and a fiber optic light. Best money I have spent in awhile. Replacing a Trophy Ridge that was a pain to adjust.

If you get to look at a Tactic Micro, it is very hard to believe it is under 100 bucks.
Micro stands for the micro adjustments, not size etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been impressed with the Truglo Veros I picked up a month ago. Pins are nice and bright, micro adjust, adjustable light--everything I need.

·
@ImFree on parlor
Diamond iceman
181 Posts
I got a ROcky Mountain 56101 5 pin site from Amazon for under 50 bux. Its not plastic and it even has 3rd axis and tool less to adjust windage and elevation.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Black Gold Rush. Bomb Proof. idiot Proof. Customer service like no other! Crazy bright pins....that also dim in in BRIGHT light.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Black Gold Rush. Bomb Proof. idiot Proof. Customer service like no other! Crazy bright pins....that also dim in in BRIGHT light.
I also went with Black Gold Rush for all of those reasons. Just got it sighted in and have been really liking it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
There is not a better value on the market than the black gold rush. Others try to meet the value for the price point but can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,712 Posts
Take a look at the B3 Exact Hunter. American made, all aluminum, 2nd/3rd axis adjustments, micro windage, push button light and only weighs 4 oz. You can score one for about $130 and IMO it's one of the better sights in that price range.

That being said, I like my Spot Hogg Grinder better, built like a tank, American made, tolerances so tight I don't need 2nd/3rd axis (I checked it after installation), very bright and multiple sizes on the sight ring, micro adjust pins, threaded for a light, but it's in another price bracket at around $200.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts