Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not a huge fan of hunting out of a blind but I like to have it as an option when I bring my son hunting. I've got an old school double bull 360 with the heavy duty canvas that I have set up in an awesome spot and brushed in thouroughly. It will be staying where it's at permentantly.

I'd like pick up something inexpensive that I can set up quickly if we decide to hunt other spots. Wondering what brands and models people are having good luck that dont cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Never have any luck putting up new blinds, they avoid the area for a few weeks when I do that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poeple like the Barronett better than the Rhino? Those seem to be the 2 most popular in the lower price points.

·
Registered
24,117 Posts
My buddy bought a Baronette Big Cat 350 for spring turkey season and once again declared dislike for blind hunting in general as season ended in late May. So we came to a price and I bought it from him. This model sets up easily and is very roomy for two adults, bows, stools, packs and quivers. I paid a visit to Harbor Freight a month ago and picked up a camo moving blanket to serve as a floor and hope to use the Baronette as a quick up shelter during the day on our property and an overnighter if I need to track in the morning. With a pad, sleeping bag and pillow, I can rough it a night or take an afternoon snooze....plus it works as a blind as well.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,474 Posts
I have the Rhino 600 and like it cause the shoot thru screen is same color as the blind and not darker. kind of like your old DB blind, at least my T2 is like that. No black holes and do not have to brush in as much as most blinds

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Never have any luck putting up new blinds, they avoid the area for a few weeks when I do that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I put one up Thursday and we had 8 deer within bow range when we hunted in Sun evening.

I think the founder of DB blinds shot his personal best buck from a same day setup blind. He used to do that often from what I have heard

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Rodgers has a decent blind for about $150. Cloth type material. Tough Man XL I think it is.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Not sure any will be cheap, but I use an Ameristep Blind that I bought at least 10 years ago, and it has been and still is, a really handy blind, hub and pops up in seconds and has room for two. Good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a Barronette Big Cat 350 and I kept it out in the kansas wind from Sept till Jan, I got 4 years out of it which I thought was fantastic. I bought a Rhino 150 this year and I can tell it's not near the same quality but I got it for $100 shipped on ebay and I like it so far, I just don't think i'll get more than 2 seasons out of it, I like the window's on it to though. Both are good but I think the Baronette blinds are better built.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
My local Farm & Home store has the Barnett and Rhino blinds on sale right now, along with Alps back packs

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,472 Posts
Any of the OX series blinds by Barronett....I have all three the OX3, OX4, and OX5....really the best bang for your buck on the blind market today...features of blinds 2-3x their cost. I sold my Xenek as soon as I got my hands on the 5 and don't regret it the....the OX material, window placements, zippers, etc....are NOT what you get in other blinds at the same price point...not even close...the OX is much better quality, and design.

If I had only one, I'd probably go with the 4, it can get tight with another adult and two bows, cameras bags etc....but with a kid it is plenty...I have squeezed myself and two kids in the 4 on more than one occasion before I picked up the 5.

Do your due dilligence and search teh web....Amazon had some real good prices a couple weeks ago and if you're a Prime member shipping is free...I got my 3 in one day.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Call Ameristep and see if they have any refurb blinds. I bought two brickhouses years ago for $40 each shipped.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Then after you have ordered one, got to harbor frieght or Northern tools and buy a blue moving blanket. Use it as the floor, that way you will not have to deal with bugs, weeds mud etc and the little one or you can take a nap.
Do not buy the camo one, cause you will not be able to find things when you set stuff on it..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any of the OX series blinds by Barronett....I have all three the OX3, OX4, and OX5....really the best bang for your buck on the blind market today...features of blinds 2-3x their cost. I sold my Xenek as soon as I got my hands on the 5 and don't regret it the....the OX material, window placements, zippers, etc....are NOT what you get in other blinds at the same price point...not even close...the OX is much better quality, and design.

If I had only one, I'd probably go with the 4, it can get tight with another adult and two bows, cameras bags etc....but with a kid it is plenty...I have squeezed myself and two kids in the 4 on more than one occasion before I picked up the 5.

Do your due dilligence and search teh web....Amazon had some real good prices a couple weeks ago and if you're a Prime member shipping is free...I got my 3 in one day.

This^ my ox5 is fantastic! Got it on sale for sub 200 if I remember right. Maybe a touch more. Very large inside. The exterior material is super nice and quiet. Very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Liv4Rut
7,332 Posts
The barronett OX series are very nice as I have the OX5. I picked up a cheap $80 Barronett Radar and it has become one of my favorites at 10lbs. It is not built for high wind like the OX series but on a normal day it is a nice little blind to tuck away into a spot and you can fit two guys in it. I did a same day setup saturday evening with a quick brush in and my 7 year old son shot his first two deer out of it youth hunting that night. It was awesome to be there!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts