Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best but cheapest climbing treestand out there? The higest price i would look at would be $150. Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Man you don't want to be lugging around 25+lb stands all over do you?
I'd almost suggest a lighter permanent and some good climbing sticks.
You get what you pay for. There are a nch of climbers out there,so don't limit yourself to $150 for another $50 or so you would able to get some "quality"
stands IMO. Good huntin'!

·
Registered
433 Posts
WIbow said:
Man you don't want to be lugging around 25+lb stands all over do you?
I'd almost suggest a lighter permanent and some good climbing sticks.
You get what you pay for. There are a nch of climbers out there,so don't limit yourself to $150 for another $50 or so you would able to get some "quality"
stands IMO. Good huntin'!

I agree, if you are willing to go to 150 you might as well shell out another 50-100 and get a real nice one, it will last you for a long time.
Personally I use the Lone Wolfe hang on with sticks, allows me to get into more trees than a climber. (I found mine in the classifieds here on at and got it shipped for like 220)
I think you can get the loggy bayou climber for 250. I have not personally used it but it looks like a great climber.

·
Registered
449 Posts
HuntersView has some in your range.. They are a little heavier but super comfortable I can set all day in mine..

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm not going to pinch pennies when it comes to my safety and comfort.

$250 for a Summit Goliath provides tons of both....and it's only 21lbs and is a peach to deploy.

Save money elsewhere but do yourself this one favor. You will not regret it. I'm a darn big guy, but yet I've made all day sits in my stand with no problem.:wink:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Might want to look at deerhunter stands. They are out of North Carolina. They have a climber that is pretty basic but only weighs 15 lbs and costs 129.95 plus shipping. Their website is deerhunterstands.com.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dub said:
I'm not going to pinch pennies when it comes to my safety and comfort.

$250 for a Summit Goliath provides tons of both....and it's only 21lbs and is a peach to deploy.

Save money elsewhere but do yourself this one favor. You will not regret it. I'm a darn big guy, but yet I've made all day sits in my stand with no problem.:wink:
I agree save a few more dollars or save on something else but get a GOOD stand. I have spent a bunch of money on trying to save some money. Then I got myself a Summit. It is by far the best money I have spent, other then my Mathews. There are alot of really nice stands, but you will have to spend some more money, but it is worth it.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
For your budget, I'd drop the extra couple of dollars and get a Summit Mega Bucks Bushmaster......

# All-aluminum construction is lightweight and easy to pack
# Quiet, bendable cable climbing system
# Comfort closed-cell foam seat

Additional Info
• Compare Climbing Treestands
• Read Buyer's Guide

At only 18 pounds, the all-aluminum Bushmaster XLS is one of the lightest, easiest-to-pack climbing treestands on the market. The snakeable cable accommodates trees from 8" to 20" in diameter and the notched grip strips hold the tree securely when climbing. A comfortable, 2" closed-cell foam seat repels water and insulates in cold weather. Has a large 20" x 28-3/4" standing platform.
As part of the Cabela's exclusive Mega Bucks Series, these treestands are among the most versatile and easiest to use on the market. Each offers unbeatable safety, durability and stability in a lightweight design. Climbing stands attach using a cable system incorporating snakeable cable technology for quick and quiet setup. No more fumbling with pins, knobs, nuts or bolts. Simply slide the rubber-coated cable into the frame and climb. SummitLokt technology locks all joints before welding for incredible strength. And the powder-coat paint finish is non-reflective. Every stand comes with a FREE TMA-approved, full, four-point body harness, carrying straps and a Mega Bucks VIII DVD.
Size: 20" x 28-3/4".
Weight: 18 lbs.
Weight capacity: 300 pounds.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lone Wolf Alpha Hand Climber. Better to buy one good one that lasts rather than a few cheap ones.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Safety first

For the kind of money you are wanting to spend, look for a good used aluminum stand. Whatever you decide, don't skimp on safety or comfort.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Got a summit cobra xls for 180...real nice...could sit in that sucker all day....way better than my old stands... Got mine at Dicks sporting goods brand new...Comes with the seat of your pants harness too....good luck..get somethin you'll be happy with..:wink:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Bowhunter n MD said:
Basspro in MD has the summit bushmaster on sale for 169.99 .

Cabela's is selling theirs for $169 as well

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree that the summit mega bucks bushmaster would be a good choice. For about $180 (sale price, don't know if it is still on) at cabelas, they also have the Python with more upgrades.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
best and cheapest just doesn't seem to go together.
A good cheap one is at walmart made by Gorrilla around 90 dollars I think and a lock on is around 50.

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
I like the summit bushmaster series climbing stand it is only 18 lbs. I have one I have used for 3 years and my dad bought one last hunting season and loves it. It is only like 170$.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Another Vote for the Summit Bushmaster....I boughty one a couple years ago for 149.99....and it's an awesome stand for that kinda money!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
A young guy like you will upgrade a few times over the years. I bought a Gorilla Grayback for $149.00 last year. It was too uncomfortable for my 45 year old butt.......might work well for you. Easy to climb with and only 19lbs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think it is probably too late now, but a trip to local pawn shops in ths spring will oftentime find some quality units priced about the same as all the junk they get. I had a Summit spotted at one here for $69 with all the necessary cables, etc. as late as a month ago.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Save a little longer

Dude, save your pennies and spend 185~ to get a summit open shot. solid, light, easy to use and pack. Great little climber.

If you have to be in a fixed or on the ground for a while longer roll with it... you will have it by the rut...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts