Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in texas heat for bow season, is the scent lok savanna good? I don't mind paying for good camo but I've heard mixed opinions on the scent suppressing camo. Is it worth it to buy the scent lok or should I just go for regular quality camo. Suggestions would be helpful with so many different brands out there.

thanks
OB

·
Registered
25,076 Posts
I just bought the predator camo on here its non insulated lightweight and comfortable plus only cost $100 for pants and jacket combined

·
Registered
491 Posts
never used sent loc, was thinking about it and did some reserch on it. What kind of turned me off about the carbon type was that most studies show that after the carbon is full or pluged by your scent, in order to get the carbon cleaned out it would have to be heated so hot that it would burn the clothing. The camo that as the silver particles in it sounded like it may work pretty good and no special washing instructions, guess the silver kills bacteria, but besides primos spray doesnt look like the actual clothing has made the main stream. My final conclusion was Im going to hunt the wind anyways so why spend the money, although I would like to have the vertigo just for the pattern.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like 100% polyester for warm weather hunting. Anything like Medalist or Visa Endurance works well. Stay away from cotton because it will begin to stink, and it doesn't do a good job wicking away moisture.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Predator Polyester pants, shirts and stalker jackets are the best for warm weather regions, it keeps you cool and dry unlike cotton! We sell alot of it and people really love it plus it's reasonably priced compared to cotton.

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
ASAT leafy suit, you can go commando if that is your thing and really feel the outdoors :mg:
The reason I got one is tee shirt and cotton pants with the suit on top and I'm good to go.

·
DefiantShooter
10,833 Posts

·
ohoopee
222 Posts
I hunt south Ga in august. I tried most all of it. I have found the leafy camo with shorts and T to be most effective. The other types were just too hot. I suppose it just depends on the temp.

·
Just Do It.....
30,183 Posts
in texas heat for bow season, is the scent lok savanna good? I don't mind paying for good camo but I've heard mixed opinions on the scent suppressing camo. Is it worth it to buy the scent lok or should I just go for regular quality camo. Suggestions would be helpful with so many different brands out there.

thanks
OB
Do you actually believe that clothing can make you not smell like a person?

Best lightweight camo is a mesh suit, can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

marty

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm going to try Predator Polyester pants and shirts this year... also I got the cotton shirts/pants that I will wear also but hopefully the polyester will keep me a little cooler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is also what I use hunting pigs in Hawaii. Works great and light weight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hot weather hunt setup

i hunt florida so usually i make sure im in the shade and i have to have baggy stuff on, keeps the bryers out of ur skin and insulation works both ways :) so i have realtree ap non insulated pants and a longsleeve in the same and bring some water, and ususally dont get to hot.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
ASAT leafy suit, no doubt !

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,267 Posts
Another vote for the ASAT leafy suit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts