Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Camo Pattern - need advice

1194 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MBArcher
I'm looking into getting some new camo for this season, mainly for archery season. I was looking into the Predator camo but can't decide on which pattern would be best for the fall season here in PA. I do 90% of my hunting from a treestand.

Are there any other brands to look into? I'm mainly looking for a light weight shirt/jacket and 6-pocket pants. I really don't want to spend alot of money either!!!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19,551 Posts
first off....camo pattern is one of the last things i look at when buying camo. i love predator deception but you should choose your clothing based on material, fit, and then pattern.

look at the polyester pants and shirt from Predator. great material...fit well for me...and awesome pattern

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
I buy alot of green camo cause I'm in MS. Most of our hunting is when the woods are green. I buy realtree apg and other type camos. I also buy alot of predator and natural gear. I also have some mossy oak. I try to match where I'll be hunting to what I wear so I can blend in as well as I can. Also later in the year when the leaves are off I will wear a different shirt camo than pants. i think it helps me stay more invisible to the deer.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
I have most everything from MOBU to ASAT 3D. And like already said try and match you surroundings. If I had to narrow it down to one pattern I would go with Predator Deception Green with my ASAT 3D a very close second.

· Registered
8,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking at the Predator camo and I think that since I do most of my hunting when the leaves are off of the tree that either the Brown Deception or the Fall Grey would work the best for me in the tree. I would probably stick to my Realtree for ground hunting since the lighter colors worry me for use on the ground.

· Registered
1,926 Posts
predator is the best along with ASAT...

As far as color, dont worry much about colors, deer see only black and white and will only make out the gray scale of the camo.... so ont waste ur time on buying any green stuff for deer, now turkey is another deal... but this is all just my personal opinion.

Now as far as where to get it, its really all dependent on what kind of material ur looking for.

www.predatorcamo.com has treated me great... ive gotten all mine from there.

but then if ur looking for maybe a tright bit better quality or heavier and more material choices, then Day One and Gray Wolf r your places.

www.dayonecamouflage.com
www.graywolfwoolens.com

Good luck!!

· Registered
2,658 Posts
where is the best place to buy Predator camo from?

Give SouthernSam a look. He is an AT member with great prices. As far as hunting from the ground. I have put some good stalks on the Blacktails here and they look right through you with Predator. I made a believer out of my hunting buddy. He keep getting busted and I was getting up close and personal. I have seen the light, no more sticks and leaves for me.

· Registered
137 Posts
first off....camo pattern is one of the last things i look at when buying camo. i love predator deception but you should choose your clothing based on material, fit, and then pattern.

look at the polyester pants and shirt from Predator. great material...fit well for me...and awesome pattern
I agree, and if you look into a product called sneaky leaf you can turn in garment into a very effective camo piece. You can apply it to any part of your cloths an unlike other 3d camo you can choose where you put it allowing you to leave a clear path for your bow arm and chest so it doesn't interfere with the string during the shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.