Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some new small binos and was wondering what AT'ers thought were the best bang for the buck. Also, what power is best suited for us bowhunters. I loved my old 7x26 Bushnells but after 25 years they finally don't focus properly and Bushnell can't do anything about it, understandable though for the age. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Nobby

·
Registered
597 Posts
I stand by my Redfield Rebel 8x32 binoculars. It is crispy clear, compact in size, and has very buttery smooth like adjustments. You can't go wrong with this binocular.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Vortex viper hd's in a 8x32

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I use a Bushnell compact armor 8x32 or 8x25 I don't remember which size that I have had for years, it will fit in my pocket.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Alpen Apex 8x32.. not really "compact" , more like sub-compact.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Steiner's 8X22 Preadator Pros. They're a center focus design, are 4"L, 3.25" W, and 1.70" H. Field of view is 369 ft at 1000 yds, and have 10 mm of eye relief, all in a 10.1 oz package. About $150.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like anything else you get what you pay for, if you want good binoculars you have to pay good money. For years I bought the cheaper ones ($100 or less) and was never satisfied, after sepending enough money buying several cheap pairs I decided to take the plunge and buy a good pair (Leica 10 X 25), I have had these for 6 years now and wish I would have bought them first. They are light enough to take with you all the time and perform better than most larger ones. The best thing you can do is go to a store that has most brands like cabelas or bass pro and try the different brands and buy the best ones you can afford. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-Trino...785?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27baefbf41

·
Registered
525 Posts
check out the zen ray line up they are some of the sharpest and clearest glass on the market. been using mine for 2 years and love them

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I bought a Zeiss mini-binocular last year but I don't recall the model. I think they were around $600, and they're really nice.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just like stated previously, you get what you pay for. $300 binocs will be reasonable in good light. $600 to 800 will be fantastic in all light conditions. I have Zeiss 10 x 28 compacts and Swarovski 10 x 42 full size. Well worth every penny. At dusk and dawn, it is actually easier to see and brighter through the binocs than with out.

Brian

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am slowly getting convinced to go higher. Yes, I do agree with you get what you pay for. I buy all my machines with this regard so why not binos? I have V Razors at the moment but find them a bit large to pack around. Soros may be out of my price range. Anything else?? I do appreciate the feedback as I know there are a ton of brands and models out there.
Thanks in advance to your input.
Nobby

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a pair of $85 Bushnell 8x25's a couple years ago. Junk..... headache after 15 minutes of glassing. Carry full size Vortex Vipers right now and love them. As far as compacts go, couple friends have the swaro 8x25's and they are fantastic. If you are going to be spending alot of time behind them, you would be far better off to spend a little more now and have a great pair, than go through 3 or 4 pair of cheapos finding some that are decent. Just my $.02. My philosophy on optics is spend every penny that you can afford to. You will end up spending less in the long run.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts