Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am switching from trad to compound after about a year of practice. I want to purchase a solid base compound bow that I will be able to customize over time and use for hunting once I am ready. Any suggestions of brands or models that I should go for? Budget is not an issue, I just do not want to overspend.

· Registered
4,486 Posts
Most brands today are putting out solid bows. I can't really think of one that would be a horrible choice for hunting.

I would go to a few different pro-shops, and try as many bows as you can get your hands on. Let the bow pick you.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most brands today are putting out solid bows. I can't really think of one that would be a horrible choice for hunting.

I would go to a few different pro-shops, and try as many bows as you can get your hands on. Let the bow pick you.
Any brands I should look into that you suggest? Any that I should stay away from? I keep trying to google it but I’m only seeing Amazon ones.

· Registered
765 Posts
If you happen to have a dealer anywhere near you, I wouldn’t rule out Xpedition. They’re smaller so they don’t hold resale particularly well, which means they’re a good deal used. But the specs / performance is there. I bought a brand new Xcentric 7 Pro two years ago for $480 and I have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you happen to have a dealer anywhere near you, I wouldn’t rule out Xpedition. They’re smaller so they don’t hold resale particularly well, which means they’re a good deal used. But the specs / performance is there. I bought a brand new Xcentric 7 Pro two years ago for $480 and I have no plans to upgrade any time soon.
Sounds like something I’m interested in. Not a huge investment but gets the job done.

· Registered
55,435 Posts
The one that works for you. When customers ask this question I tell them all of them, none of them! The net is not the place to find it. You actually have to hold them, test shoot them. Then that one bow will let you know it is the one. So shoot as many different bows that peaks your interest even if it means a road trip or two. They all make good bows, all bows are not the same. At the present time PSE fits the bill for ME. What I will use next, the bow will let me know when it comes along.
Don't pigeonhole yourself to anyone brand/model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.