Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On occasions you can use cigarette or wind detecter. I use a very small feather. There are days when scent raises with thermal air flow. I know once Im in tree that this is going to be good day. I also use Moonguide. I have shown and convinced folks at lease it works. Not saying I dont hunt everday I get a chance but if I have to take vac. day then I want odds in my favor.

My three best tips

Hunt the wind
Use doe estrous during rut. I use code blue.
Try not to over hunt one stand more than a day or two. I have 16 stands and change regularly to avoid this.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
In my experience, if you can hunt the day right before a storm comes in they are usually more active and you will see more game.:D Using the wind is a must on any day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Daniel...the Moonguide works! Dont it? I like it and have found it to be quite accurate. I also like the thermals in my favor> I have a piece of sewing thread with a goose feather tied on it for wind detection.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Daniel Today would be an excellent day to hunt only one problem
season dont open until the 13 of September:(

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyday is good day to hunt

No such thing as bad day.

I always have good luck right after hard rains, seems deer ttend to mave after several hours of storms.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It is a good day to hunt isn't it! We went this evening and took a decent hog.:D The other day someone had a thread about carbon suits; this hog was 20 yards down wind from me eating corn and had no idea I was even there until it was to late:D .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts