Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm looking for a battery operated feeder that I can set to only drop feed once a day, at say 19:00 in the evening. I don't want it scattering the feed but would prefer if it was dropped/dumped in a pile on one spot. Do any of you perhaps know if one can modify a Moultrie feeder to not scatter the corn/feed? Or is there a product spesifically designed for such a use?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I don't know of one that specifically drops, but I guess you could put a coffee can or bucket around the spinner box so it diverts the feed downward instead of spreading. Might work....

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is an awesome plan bigrackHack! It might also be a nice loud "dinner bell"... It seems that the Moultrie line is the best bet??

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
That is an awesome plan bigrackHack! It might also be a nice loud "dinner bell"... It seems that the Moultrie line is the best bet??
Moultries are good and have a lot of feeders to choose from, but in my experience they eat batteries quicker than some other units. If you check it regularly, it won't matter much and batteries are relatively inexpensive. A 6 volt will last about a month in a Moultrie. Or you could go solar and not worry about it.

·
Registered
12,804 Posts
Moultries are good and have a lot of feeders to choose from, but in my experience they eat batteries quicker than some other units. If you check it regularly, it won't matter much and batteries are relatively inexpensive. A 6 volt will last about a month in a Moultrie. Or you could go solar and not worry about it.
ditto! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can also get a rechargeable battery for feeders. Get two so one is always charged and all you have to do is switch them out. I live in S. FL and we have a bunch of hogs. When they het bad they will tear the heck out of a tripod feeder. I would suggest hanging one from a tree or sinking a good brace post in the ground and making a bracket to hang it on. This will keep them from knocking it over and destroying it. Believe it or not I have had hogs knock over a 50 gallon drum on a tripod and totally destroy the feeder. I have also had numerous legs and such broken off, and the feeder falls over. Good Luck

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
I was using an On-Time, the Elite, and it chrudded out on me, even with fresh batteries it just wants to do it's own thing....aggravating

if you put enough wire around what corn makes it out ain't much.....

will all this barbed wire and a predator cage, darn near all of it goes straight down..

this is a moultrie I just got, as soon as the store gets some rechargeable I will rig up with a solar panel.....this is rabbit cage wire.....I do it to keep the ***** out....you can also wrap shem material...I have a little on the feeder above.....

as you can see here, all the hogs are pretty much concentrated on one area.....all 14(free hand roman numeral) or so of 'em :tongue:

I'm guesing numero II is a hog. Getting a .280 Remington.....just having my bow leaves me with my legs and tree climbing abilities when walking out at midnight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.