Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the best female bow.

How about the Bowtech heartbreaker, Mathews Jewel or passion and PSE Stiletto?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hoyt Vixen

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Jewel or Stiletto. Jewel customers love it!!! Stiletto is very close to my wife's own Vendetta XS... she will not part with it!!! Plenty of guys around here wish she would. ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Check out Diamond Razor Edge. Very adjustable and affordable! Great shooting bow as well

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Any bow that fits her and she loves to shoot. Most bow companys make good bows i think.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I bought my wife the quest torch. It is adjustable from 30-45 lbs and it comes with all of the draw length moldules. It has been a great bow so far with no problems. She only has it set at 30lbs and it shoots pretty darn fast. Easily fast enough to shoot a turkey. If she ever wants to shoot over 45lbs she can trade in her limbs for new ones as high as 70 lbs. Hope this helps.

·
Shootin and Cussin
22,944 Posts
Jewel.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The wife loves her Stiletto. She got rid of her Vicxen to get it.
Unbelievable speed out of it too
25.5 dl and 32# dw shoots a 240 grain arrow 251 fps

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My fiancé lives her 2010 Hoyt trykon sport. She is a really good shot with it. It's a very easy to tune now out there for someone like her as in sure other bows are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NETXBowhunters
1,538 Posts
Jewel.jpg

If you're wanting to go "high end", Mathews Jewel is it. This is my wife's. 26", 51# shoots a 385 grain arrow 255 FPS. Plenty for a deer and even got about 15" of penetration on a 200# hog with it. But if they're just starting, the Razor's Edge from Diamond is an awesome choice.

RW

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Strother hope..... 342 fps IBO rating.

300 fps at 60lbs and 26 inch draw.

On top of that proceeds go to breast cancer awareness.

Even less expensive than some listed here. Very light and a great shooter. I know many men hunters wanting that bow because of the weight savings.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Best bow for WHAT? And for WHOM?
I think the Mathews Prestige is way better than the Jewel (unless you want a short bow with lots of reflex).

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
We just tested a Bowtech Heartbreaker against a destroyer 350. At the same weight and length, the heartbreaker was 1 fps slower than the destroyer. That's pretty good considering the HB has a 7" brace height.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bowtech Heartbreaker for sure! The specs are very similar to the Mathews Jewel and a lot less expensive plus you get the bow Ready Aim Kill for $650.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
How about a Hoyt Alpha Elite...? It really gets under my skin that someone asks about a bow for women and immediately a barrage of inexpensive or non-main line bows are tossed out. I personally take my archery just as seriously as most of the guys I shoot with and I have no intention of being straddled with mediocre equipment just because I'm a woman... They can keep the microscopic risers and pink fru fru and give me a bow that will pound the snot out of some Xs and get me on the podium. Rant over for the time being... :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts