Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wanting your opinion on fetching set ups for my ultimate hunting arrow. I've never built my own arrows but looking to start, from the little research I've done i was thinking of a 3 fletch with aae hybrid at a 3 degree offset. What do you guys set yours up at? And why versus a different set up? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Right Turn Clyde
845 Posts
Sounds like a good balance, what diameter of arrow? I like the Max stealth but don’t think it matters all that much with a well tuned bow.

·
Registered
Right Turn Clyde
845 Posts
Probably will work just fine, you can always back it off if it is too tight but I don’t think it will be,

·
Registered
51,731 Posts
My personal preference is 3 fletch 4" Truflight left helical feathers. But larely I am playing around with AAE Max stealth 3 fletched, left helical and so far pleased with the results.
But will more than likely stay with feathers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been meaning to try this, but I've always taken the lazy/easy route with blazer vanes because they're so easy to get. But this off-season I'm definitely trying some AAE stealths.
I'll probably stick with 3 fletch, 3 degree right helical, .272 diameter arrows.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,438 Posts
I have used so many different vanes & feathers it'll make yer' head spin and unless you go too small there really isn't any noticeable difference. I can take arrows with 4 inch vanes, 4 inch feathers, 3 inch helical vanes and my groups never change especially at normal hunting distances even with fixed heads.

If you target shoot then it's more about tuning than the fletching so in hunting or target it's more about the archery and his skills than the fletching...….but it does make for good conversation.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've tried the Q2i fusion x-ii 2" in 4 fletch, Q2i 3"in 3 and 4 fletch, tacvanes tac driver 2.7" in 3 and 4 fletch and blazer vanes in 3 fletch, all with a right helical. Blazer vanes works out to be the best for my arrow set up.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts