·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best finger bow to shoot for 3d

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
That's hard to say. Keep in mind there's a distinct difference between which bow is perceived as the best and which is the most popular. There are however, characteristics that make some bows better for finger shooters than other bows. Shooting different bows and seeing which is the best for YOU, is going to be the tell-all end-all test. I could tell you all day long that the best bow is SlamJam 3D Supreme with the Supersoft Square Cams, but if you go and shoot it, you might think I'm nuts. See where I'm going? The best thing about finding a new bow is getting to shoot a bunch of them to find the best one for you:D Good luck in your search

·
Registered
286 Posts
i used hoyt protec....command cams...46" axle to axle i believe.

it is very forgiving and smooth. i was not the best finger shooter but my scores went up 5 points after getting this bow. (293 avg.)

i since went to release as i injured my hand and then bought an ultratec to shoot with bacl tension release. my protec draw length was purchased to shoot with fingers. never thought that i would switch to release.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Reflex Caribou also 46+ ata, round wheel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another Reflex Caribou shooter here. Also like my Oneida Aeroforce. The Reflex has energy wheels and a 9" brace height. Very "forgiving", but slower than the Oneida.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Mine is alittle shorter than the Caribou, I wish I woulda got the LX Pro limbs. Still get aliitle pinch with my 30" draw. I shoot an 02 Pro-Tec with command+ cams and xt3000 limbs. I went with the cams beacause I do like a hard wall with fingers. Most I know however prefer a softer cam. The bow is the most accurate I have ever shot. Close second would be a septor elite with Furys. IMO:) The Caribou's are exellent also. ATA, Brace, Cam style all have their good and bad points. As a generall rule, For all the speed you gain you will lose some forgiveness and vice-versa. Shoot em' all and get the one that fits YOU the best.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Max 3000 ..long A to A with 'T' wheels is just great.

The wheels come with optional let off and I am running the 55%

The new grip position of the 3000 is definately a plus over the Max 2000 and the wider grip area suits me.

Have been playing with the Omega 1 1/2 cam .... at present can't say there are any negatives...will let you know how it stacks up...

Cheers

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Aussiarcher, that reminded me. No one has mentioned let off in this thred yet. I would not go above 65% let off with fingers, IMO.:) I tried with 75% and could not be consistant, beacause I could not feel the release.;)

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
scepter 2 or the conquest with the low letoff cam designed for finger shooters have both worked well for me

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Take a look at the SuperNova. Manufactured by Merlin. Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hollowpoint10

Depends if use shoot live or dead release I suspect.

I have never been able to shoot a high let off well and I am very dynamic with my release...I want that string ripping out of my fingers.Depending on whether use shoot live or dead release I suspect.

I have never been able to shoot a high let off well and I am very dynamic with my release...:D

I have no intention of going to a dead release so I will remain undecided on that issue..however, I do feel that the dead release may be ok with high let off.

IMHO
Cheers

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Aussie, My release is very much "live"! I gotta feel it go or it won't go right. Never thought about a "dead" one.:D Good point though. I have heard excellent thing about the Merlin Super Nova as well!

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
FINGER BOW

Depends on your draw length.......short draw.......26-28 you can get buy with a 37-40 inch bow.........over 28" draw go longer. I shoot a Mcpherson 38 Special and a Martin Cougar 3 w/ straight limbs and they both are good shoting bows.....also a Fred Bear Custom T/D recurve.......man does that shoot!!!!!!!

·
Banned
843 Posts
Darton and PSE also make a long axle to axle bow or 2. Most bows much over 40" these days is getting fewr and fewer options,and most of em are high dollar custom shop order bows.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
martin cougar 3 with elite limbs. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
fingerbows

i shoot an oneida black eagle and a pse mach 8 and i love both of them, both of the bows are smooth and well my oneida is very forgiving while the mach 8 isnt. my mach 8 is 39" a2a, and my oneida is 44" t2t

1 - 19 of 19 Posts