Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking into buying a new compound bow. I have looked into Bowtech, Matthew's and a few others. I enjoy shooting fingers and I'm looking for the top bow for a finger shooter. Please give me your input on this, Thanks Mark

·
Registered
18,477 Posts
Hoyt ProTec with Xt4000 limbs, wheel and 1/2 or cam 1/2, or the Reflex Caribou. Both long ata bows, longer brace heights, and designed for finger shooters. Double as darn nice indoor 300 round spot bows as well for us release guys.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Two bows that I would suggest for finger bows would be the Darton Vegas and the Mathews Apex, both long ATA and huge brace height, there are others out there and of course the one mentioned above the Hoyt Protec with 4000 limbs would be perfect also.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
CHAMPION2 said:
Hoyt ProTec with Xt4000 limbs, wheel and 1/2 or cam 1/2, or the Reflex Caribou. Both long ata bows, longer brace heights, and designed for finger shooters. Double as darn nice indoor 300 round spot bows as well for us release guys.

1) Hoyt ProTec, xt4000, wheel and 1/2.......(I'd avoid the Cam and 1/2 for fingers)
2) Barnsdale 46" Classic "X" (shoot-thru or cable-guarded)
3) Mathews Apex (my current personal choice for finger-shooting)
4) Reflex Caribou (especially if on a tight budget)
5) Martin Razor X with longest available limb......

Any of those and you are in good hands when shooting fingers! :wink:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Shooting fingers for 20+ years and have been shooting a Bowtech Old Glory for the the last two.Accurate and quiet ! :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I myself wouldn't shoot a bow under 38" with fingers. I think 41" is perfect. If you go really long your giving up performance for no reason.

1 Hoyt protec xt3000, cam 1/2
2. Bowtech constitution
3. Mathews Apex

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just tried a razorx elite last night , whata beautiful bow to shoot fingers with.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Oneida Black Eagle.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i would say a martin razorX elite or the shadowcat elite

·
Registered
575 Posts
TexasGuy said:
1) Hoyt ProTec, xt4000, wheel and 1/2.......(I'd avoid the Cam and 1/2 for fingers)
2) Barnsdale 46" Classic "X" (shoot-thru or cable-guarded)
3) Mathews Apex (my current personal choice for finger-shooting)
4) Reflex Caribou (especially if on a tight budget)
5) Martin Razor X with longest available limb......

Any of those and you are in good hands when shooting fingers! :wink:
Curious why you say to avoid cam and 1/2 for fingers.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I shot fingers for years and if I were looking for a bow to shoot fingers I would look no further than the Bowtech Constitution:)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Depending on your DL. Becasue if you have a shorter DL, you can get by with a shorter ATA bow.

I would say look at the:

Martin Razor X or

Pearson Generation II with the long limbs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Finger Bow

I would try a Concept Archery bow.You can draw with your fingers,hold with one, and pull through the shot.Keep your finger tight against your cheek as you pull.The shot will go off almost like shooting a release.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ewolf said:
I myself wouldn't shoot a bow under 38" with fingers.
I have a Reflex Grizzly and shoot fingers with it. And also use a drop away rest too!!!

I personally wouldn't use a bow less than 36" with fingers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
fingers

Im too afinger shooter. I just ordered a oneida black eagle,should be here today. Was also looking at protec with 3000 limbs and wheels and caribou, leaning more towards caribou.For price difference there isnt many differences between them 2 bows. Both machined riser 1 has 3000 limbs the other 4000 limbs which are even longer for us finger flickers, same wheels.But $200 or so more for the name hoyt over reflex.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Darton Tundra

The Darton Tundra is another great choice. 40" ATA, 7.5" brace, 312 IBO. Very easy to tune with the CPS system.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I shoot a Martin Cougar Elite w/Fury Cams.

·
Registered
218 Posts
CMR said:
I have a Reflex Grizzly and shoot fingers with it. And also use a drop away rest too!!!

I personally wouldn't use a bow less than 36" with fingers.
I'm not good enough to get away with shooting one that short.:mg:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts