Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fixed blade broadhead do you think is the best out there?

·
Registered
905 Posts
probably Shuttle T or Terminal T by Trophy Taker, I personally like the shuttle T. From a price point perspective NAP Thunderheads.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I recently asked the same question. Many personal favorites were named. Someone wisely said there are many great options, pick one and know you'll be fine. I picked the montec g5 fixed. They just arrived. I picked deadly!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Its the one that works best for you! Mine is a 100 grain Steelforce Phathead, hasnt let me down yet!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I shoot the QAD Exodus now but also like:

German Kinetics
Solid Broadheads
Steelforce Phatheads
G5 Montec and Striker
Slicktricks

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Which ever you can shoot the best and feel comfortable with @ your known distance! I like the VPA Rayzor over the G5 Montec cause it is machined solid instead of injexion molded and I think they are easier to sharpen! For a replacement blade head hard to beat a Trick!

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,574 Posts
I'll be shooting the QAD Exodus this coming season.

I have seen what it can do and how well it holds up and I'm impressed.

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I really don't think there is a "best" broadhead. There are so many quality heads to choose from that perform the same on about 90% of the shots that it really comes down to personal preference. A broadhead that does better on a shoulder shot may not do as well on a gut shot or a broadhead that does well on a gut shot may be more likely to deflect on a quartering shot.

If you pick one that's sharp, durable, and accurate then you should be in great shape.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Ramcats workin great also

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
So many great ones. If I were to say my favorite, based on a combination of five criteria: Flight, Ferrule Strength, Blade Strength, Penetration, and Size of Cut, then the QAD Exodus wins.

·
Registered Hunter
1,476 Posts
I have been using G5 Montecs for quite a few years now and have never been let down. Needless to say there are also many other great fixed blades, and I would like to try the QAD Exodus soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ramcats, Qad Exodus, Slick Tricks, Solid, G5 striker, VPA. Those are just a few out of a vast ocean of quality heads. Ramcats and Exodus are a couple of my favs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the G5 strikers. They shoot great out to 50 plus yards and they are the sharpest head out of the package I have ever used.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts