Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what is the best fletch out there, are they all relatively the same? Performance,arrow speed, accuracy, etc. are all factors. What do you shoot? I would appreachiate it if you would please put your 2 cents into this.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Best is a matter of opinion.

I use flex fletch and have done for years.

Feathers in my opinion are fantastic but not robust enough for the English waether.

Blazers and Quick Spins have a strong following.

I guess it is try a few and see what works for you.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
18,478 Posts
Blazers IMHO! They are great for hunting and provide plenty of stability for good broadhead flight, they are durable, and have a great memory. Also work great for targets. Still have a special place in my heart for 5" gateway feathers thou. Love the looks of them. Still remember the days I fletched all my aluminums with them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Blazers work very well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can't beat feathers. Easily waterproofed, forgiving, more speed. Still accurate when somewhat beat up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Trueflight

I have been testing different fletching all summer and have found that 4" feathers group the best with field points and broadheads. I like the Quickspins and Blazers, but the feathers out did them all for me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you use a drop away rest and are interested in new ideas take a look at the FOB (website www.starrflight.com). These things really work just as advertised. I've been shooting them exclusively for the last two hunting seasons plus a trip to South Africa. Granted they do look different and will cause comment from other archers but as a unit to stabilize a broadhead they are hard to beat. Compared to conventional fletching they have the advantage of rigidity and symmetry which combined do a super job of keeping the arrow headed in the direction you pointed it.

Attached is a Gemsbuck that fell to a FOB equipped arrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Blazers all the way. Best arrow flight for target and broadheads.:darkbeer:
free samples call 1-800-253-0136.(from the Aug 06 Bow Hunting World magazine.):darkbeer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts