Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be very interested in knowing your opinion as to what is the best flecthing glue available. I have been having trouble keeping Fusion vanes on Trophy Ridge arrows. Love how they fly and group when the fletching stays on. I sure would appreciate your advise. Thank you.:teeth:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I would be very interested in knowing your opinion as to what is the best flecthing glue available. I have been having trouble keeping Fusion vanes on Trophy Ridge arrows. Love how they fly and group when the fletching stays on. I sure would appreciate your advise. Thank you.:teeth:
Hard to beat Loc-tite super glue gel. That is what I've had the best luck with but I've only been fletchings my own arrows for about a year now. Have used Gold Tip as well with good results just costs 10.00/bucks for a very small bottle. I'd like to try fletch tite some time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fusions vanes are tough no matter what glue your using. Make sure you clean the shaft very well. I use acetone and a white rag until no more black is left on the white. The next step is to take some fine grit sand paper and scratch up the any part of the vane that comes in contact with the shaft. After you use the sand paper, dip a Q-tip in acetone and wipe down the base of the fetching, wait for it to dry then glue it. My personal favorite glue is goat tuff, its not cheap but your fletchings are never gonna fall off.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like Fletch-tite Platinum.
x2 for Fletch-Tite Platinum, for fletching at home. Out at the range or in the field, I have used gel superglue for fast fixes, and the Loc-tite with the blue cap. Just got a 'clearance' bottle at Walmart for around $4.00. I have event tried the SuperGlue company general repair glue.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Never had a problem with loc-tite super glue gel. Works like a champ ;)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
using anything other than loc-tite ultra control gel is wasting money
I use this as well. A tube costs like 2.50 as opposed to 10 bucks for goat tuff or others. Plus the gel is clean and stays where you put it, set up is fast. I can fletch an arrow way quicker with this compared to other glues.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Looks like Loc-Tite ultra control gel is the leading the pack. Also use Loc-Tite with Blazer vanes with no issues.

Don't forget to remove the squeezable plastic outer shell and use the other remaining 1/2 of glue that is still inside the squeezable tube.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have a hot tip for you all the best super glue made is Mercury adhesives ,, 2 oze bottle 10 bucks can be bought direct of any good hobby shop as it's used to glue up airplanes ,, try it I use isopurple 100% to clean my shafts an the vanes ,, best buy and it works

1 - 20 of 52 Posts