Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Hoyt bow 2000 to 2020?

900 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Straightshot22
Can any one let me know which is the best Hoyt target archery compound bow produced by Hoyt between 2000 to 2020?
Thanks for your time!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,978 Posts
I've shot a ProComp, Prevail, ProForce, and now the Invicta. All 4 are absolute phenomenal shooters. Never shot a Hoyt target rig I didn't love.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've shot a ProComp, Prevail, ProForce, and now the Invicta. All 4 are absolute phenomenal shooters. Never shot a Hoyt target rig I didn't love.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Wow! It seems like you have shot one of the best bows :) I did some online readings and those bows that you mentioned seem to be on the top of most of the bow reviews. Thank you for your time! I am looking to purchase a used bow to start with. Please let me know if you happen to have a bow for sale. Thank you!

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks! Will look into them.
Those 2 are hunting bows.

I have a hard time saying the one I'm about to because I'm just not sure if I'm remembering through rose colored glasses or if the bow was as remarkable as I remember but I just don't feel like my Prevail or Pro Force shot nearly as well as my old Ultra Elite XT2000 from over a decade ago. If you go back and look they've really been using the same riser design all this time with tweaks in the limbs, pockets and cams so I'm betting the difference isn't as drastic as I remember. I will say I've heard a few archers at the range recommend a Pro or Ultra Elite with XT2000 limbs over buying a new or even slightly used newer target bow

That said if you are interested in purchasing a used Hoyt target bow then it's very important to get your exact draw length measured and study the tune charts so to know what cam # you need to be on the look out for.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those 2 are hunting bows.

I have a hard time saying the one I'm about to because I'm just not sure if I'm remembering through rose colored glasses or if the bow was as remarkable as I remember but I just don't feel like my Prevail or Pro Force shot nearly as well as my old Ultra Elite XT2000 from over a decade ago. If you go back and look they've really been using the same riser design all this time with tweaks in the limbs, pockets and cams so I'm betting the difference isn't as drastic as I remember. I will say I've heard a few archers at the range recommend a Pro or Ultra Elite with XT2000 limbs over buying a new or even slightly used newer target bow

That said if you are interested in purchasing a used Hoyt target bow then it's very important to get your exact draw length measured and study the tune charts so to know what cam # you need to be on the look out for.
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experiences, I definitely appreciate it! Yes I am looking to purchase a used Hoyt bow and your tips are timely and useful for me.
Have a wonderful evening!

· Registered
1,964 Posts
One to consider is a pro force. It can do double duty for target and 3-d. They are very nice.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
700-900 But a lot depends on the condition.
If you look at the split yoke at the bottom. One has a barrel and the newer years have D shaped looking piece. The D shape looking piece is the newer model.
Look at the newer Hoyt Rx3 and 4 Or the newer bows and look at that piece. You will see what I mean. Not that the older ones aren’t as good. But if you want the newer model. That’s a dead give away.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
700-900 But a lot depends on the condition.
If you look at the split yoke at the bottom. One has a barrel and the newer years have D shaped looking piece. The D shape looking piece is the newer model.
Look at the newer Hoyt Rx3 and 4 Or the newer bows and look at that piece. You will see what I mean. Not that the older ones aren’t as good. But if you want the newer model. That’s a dead give away.
Thanks! This definitely helps me because I am looking for a newer model.

· Registered
Hoyt vector turbo
63 Posts
My favorite hoyt that I've shot and still have is an Ultra Elite with the c2 cam and a half and the 3000 limbs is a little longer but supper forgiving and the c2 cam fit my relaxed style of shooting still giving me speed without having to rip through the shot like the spiral cam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.