Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty new to archery and am trying out different arrows. right now i think the best is carbon, knowing that the metal ones bend very easy. those are the only ones i've tried so far. so to save the the hassle and the money... what's the best arrow to use?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well,your are going to get a lot of varying comments on this one. IMO, the best general use arrow is still the ACC's. But, some of the pure carbons are come very close. Now, the reason the ACC is the best is because of it straightness and spine consistancy,as well as a lot of spine grades. But, it comes with a price and if really abused it will bend.

Now, I guess, target shooting there is a lot of variation depending on the format. Again, in most any shooting event, you will see ACC's. IMO, there is no such thing as a do it all arrow, or I would be shooting it. For hunting I am using Easton Axis and I really love them, they are about as tough as they come and will basically be legal for any quary. They are heavy and will not work as good as a lighter, larger diameter shaft would for target.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have tried them all and for me I LIke the ACC or Beeman Hunters are best for Hunting. For my 3D arrows I am a fan of the easton Fatboys.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
gold tip XTs are a good arrow that wont break the bank they are durable and can be used for target and hunting when you hit the point where you have a target bow and a hunting bow then think about fat shafts for target.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I like my easton epics, there not horribly expensive and the straigtness is +- 5 and I use mine for hunting. I have never had a problem with them. Good Luck

·
Registered
434 Posts
For indoor spots, you can't beat the X7 Eclipse. For outoor field, I also like the ACC.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
three little letters

two of the best man made materials

one damn good arrow

A/C/C

·
Banned
910 Posts
for hunting Gold Tip cheapest grade Hunters in 5575 or 7595 depending on your draw legth and poundage. for target Gold Tip Series 22 ultra lite cheap grade. Dont waste your $ on premium grade shafts, you wont be able tell the difference. Take the $ you save and buy better sights and release aids.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hunting I use axis

Target:

GT 30x pro and GT UL pro 22 at about 62lb draw.

My daugther uses same at about 40 lb draw.

Some complain these do not shoot well. We have never had an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts