Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pair of Bushnell Powerview 10 x 42 from Sportsman Guide. (FYI - They are less than $50 (reg $150)right now if you are a member)

This is the first pair of decent binos I am taking on stand, and I am currently on the Market for a shoulder harness.

Need recomendationsan why you like, and if there are any to stay away from. I am hoping to get a nice one that I can use long term if I decide to upgrade to better glass.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I like my crooked horn harness. Really comfortable.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nimrod makes a great harness, in has nylon straps on the top so they don't bounce and elastic straps on the bottom for ease of use. By far the best I've ever tried and I've tried several.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, any others?

The bushnell deluxe look like they may be nice, anyone use these?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I like my crooked horn harness. Really comfortable.
Same here.

Can you really get a bad one? :confused:

It's a pretty basic piece of equipment and I doubt you could get a bad one. All the ones I have seen are pretty much the exact same.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can you really get a bad one? :confused:

I don't know thats why I asked :confused:

I read on one forum how a guy was complaining about a certain type where the strap came at a poor angle causing them to torque, etc.........some have quick release functionality and a lower point where they hang.......a case instead of simply hooks.......which is why I asked the question to my friends on AT. :beer:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Nimrod makes a great harness, in has nylon straps on the top so they don't bounce and elastic straps on the bottom for ease of use.* By far the best I've ever tried and I've tried several.****
I agree. I have tried the Crooked Horn harness for several years and have had enough of adjusting them because they don't stay put.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I have a Vortex optics harness, Crooked horn, and Cabelas they are basically all made the same and work equally well!!

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
I bought mine at Wal Marts .Had no problems with it.

But i am always looking for something better. So maybe some pic's would be in order.To change my mind. :wink:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
where can i get the nimrod harness. cant find it anywhere

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
For stand or blind hunting, the Crooked Horn type has worked well. I am way less impressed with them when spot and stalk hunting. Was set to get the Nimrods because of the tendency to bounce less, but then the Badlands pouch came along. No longer am I worried about my glass when making crawls. It may take slightly more time, it is insignificant, to get the glass to your eye, but it offers great glass protection, doesn't bounce, and stays wher you put it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts