Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,897 Posts
What is the best bow under 750
Also what is the best bow for $1000 or less
Thanks for your opinion!
This is very subjective and almost impossible to answer as what I like, you may not. I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1) The best hunting bow under $750 is pretty much any used flagship bow from the last year or 2. If you look, you should be able to find a great deal in the classifieds here... but not until you reach the 25 post threshold.

2) The best hunting bow under $1000 - If you shop around, you might find dealer that is selling new Mathews/Hoyt/PSE/Elite for $999.99 or something but with sales tax, you'd be over that $1000 threshold. But, you can get an Athens Ridge 32 or 34 shipped to your door, in the color/camo of your choice for less than $900 (Including Taxes and Shipping)

· Registered
2,298 Posts
The bear top model (eco something)was on sale direct from bear for 599-699

that’s for new stuff.

Under 1000. You have lots and if you can go 1000 1100 isn’t much bump and hits about everything from biotech sr6, Mathews 31.5, obsession lawless, even some elite and just about all else.

except jokes joke joke sand autocorrect I mean h o y t.

· The Impartial Archer
24,837 Posts
There are so many we can't list them. I got my bow for $350 and wouldn't trade it for anything out there. PS no one can tell you what bow you'll shoot best.........get any good brand and one that's not a tiny ATA low brace height bow and then just jump in IF you can't shoot them first.

Once you get some time behind the string then the knowledge you gain will steer you to the next one.

· Registered
220 Posts
Also... are you asking for bare bow? Or a complete setup? Two different things. If you add in accessories that you need (ie: sight, rest, arrows, release aid, etc) those things can add up REAL quick.

· Registered
10,510 Posts
Would help to know what qualities would make any bow "the best" in your eyes; it's cliche but unfortunately true- Best to you and best to me [or many others] isn't going to be the same...

BTW the bow with "hunting specs" in my stable I shoot the best at the moment is a Destroyer 350 I picked up for about $250.

· Registered
336 Posts
For a new bow up to $750, the PSE Drive line is hard to beat. Haven't shot the new one, but the previous years were great shooters. Up to $1000, shoot as many of the flagship bows as you can and let it pick you.

· Registered
53 Posts
Key words being Hunting bow the Mathews No Cam HTR. Not a speed demon By any means .but you can find a nearly new one on eBay for a good price if you are patient . I’ve shot bowtech and elite for 10 years and was so impressed with the no cam . It shot bullet holes through paper out of the box . It’s absolutely dead in the hand, super accurate and super quiet . All things that I would look for in a hunting bow . I know the community has mixed feelings but I won’t get rid of mine .

· Registered
33 Posts
To many factors come into play. Anyone can tell you this bow is best or that bow is better. Your feel for a bow could be completely different then someone else’s. Best bet do some research on a few bow’s, go down to your local shop and get a little hands on with a few you have picked.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.