1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like my Fletch Hunter

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
there are two that i like to shot and right now the one i am shootign si the carter lokjaw 2000 caliper release. the other is a scott little bitty goose. both are similar but the lokjaw has a better and bigger mouth to take in the string loop and keep the loop neutral when drawing the bow
rob k

·
Registered
505 Posts
Favorite release

I hunt w/ Scott little Bitty gose (strap set very short). I shoot spots with the Tru-Ball sweet spot.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I just got back into bowhunting last fall after a 20 year layoff. I shot fingers back then. In the last year I've changed releases more often than I can afford! :D

A couple weeks ago I bought a Truball Short N Sweet and my search has ended. It meets all my requirements.

1. Buckle wrist strap (Hate velcro)
2. Release folds out of the way
3. Trigger is crisp
4. Hooks on to string loop very easy

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like the Scott Little Goose for hunting, and think the new one with the strap connecting the head to the wrist strap is DEFINETLY a winner...I had a couple of Little Bitty Gooses, but could never get the connecting rope to quit stretching(I shoot high weight, and ALOT of arrows)... I bought two of them, with the intentions of using one for general shooting, and one for hunting - fortunately, Scott took them both back, and traded me even up for two new Little Gooses, that I've been using ever since...

I have also sucessfully used a Fletchhunter, and would recommend that as well - can't go wrong with either, IMO...

I made the transition from shooting a BT release all year(Carter Atention, and Insatiable) back to my Little Goose for bow season, and it only took a couple of days to be right back into the swing of things with the Scott - those deer are in ALOT of trouble!!!

Also, no velcro for me, either - buckle straps ONLY, please!!!

- georgestrings

·
Registered
238 Posts
Iv'e been shooting with a Scott Little Goose for 5 years now, God only knows how many arrows??? never had a problem. Also find the buckel strap to be more consitent. My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you shoot with loop on the string I would take a close look at the TruBall Short n Sweet. I bought one earlier this year and has sold all my other releases. I has a very crisp trigger, no travel, maximizes your draw length and is very quick to hook up.

Just my 2cents....oldtwohairs--------------->

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've been using a Fletcher concho release for about 10 years and it has never failed me. I even bought a new one to have as a back up but i've never had to use it. Great product!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Have used a Winn Loopmaster for years and has been a good one, I am trying the Cooper John Eagle 4 finger this year and so far in practice it is working out really good. It takes a little while to get the hang of it but the more I use it the better I like it. The advantage it has over the Winn is it don't get in the way of doing things, as the Winn comes out to the end of your fingertips and gets in the way. Would like to hear others opinion on the Eagle release.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Scott Rhino

I can't say that it's the "best", but it's my favorite so far. I have been hunting with Scott releases for so many years now, I guess I am a little bit brand loyal to them. Iv'e never had one let me down.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
That would have to be Jim Fletcher's Fletch Hunter, with just three moving parts it is very reliable, uses an over center center pivot that is adjustable from heavy to very light, is quiet and smoote as silk.

This year I am going to use one of his Jim Dandy which was designed to get the trigger closer to the string or loop and am not sure if this uses the same over center release but I trust Fletcher to have a good product.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tru-Ball tornado with buckle strap!!! The tornado is so easy to hook on the string/loop, is quiet, adjustable trigger, folds out of the way when your climbing, and is extremely torque free. Plus with the buckle you can go to the same hole each time for more consitency. Try one, you won't regret it!!

Trey

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Though Jerry carter's releases are tops for target and 3D I have NEVER seen a scott or Fletcher release fail. They are easy to letdown as well if you know where to put your finger. You can't go wrong with either brand and I find they are smoother then the imitations. BTW I hunt with a carter target style release but the question was about calipers

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really like the Scott Lil' Goose for hunting, But I like the Cascade for target archery. I really would like to shoot the Cascade for hunting (Model8). I just started shooting it with a loop and it has a loop on it and my groups were unreal! Weird but it is very accurate. I would'nt mind removing the loop and shooting the rope or even modifying the hook so that it could be shot w/the loop! What a dilemna!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I use the Tornado from TrueBall. I like the way the trigger lays back a bit, I don't have to reach for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts