Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best rest for hunting to put on your XT. I currently use a whammy, but am looking for a new rest.

· Banned
1,969 Posts
my mathews SBXT gets a mathews HDII rest:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
6,703 Posts
Limbsaver or trophy ridge

I love my new Limbsaver shadow arrow rest super quiet and silky smooth operation. And You cant go wrong with the trophy ridge drop zone my buddy has one on his SBXT and consistently shoots 3in. groups at 60 yds.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
I use the QAD Ultra LD. on my XT and love it. The feature I like most about this rest is if you have to let down after drawing back the rest stays up keeping the arrow contained.
I've got the same QAD one on my SBXT too. And my buddy who just bought someones SBXT out of the AT classified will have one also. :star: ;) :shade:

Oops my bad it was a Switchback my buddy bought. :confused:

· Registered
375 Posts
Looks like you've got about a million differant answers so far so I will add another one....lol

I have the Drop Zone on mine and never had it let me down yet.

d

· Registered
480 Posts
I went with a Limb Driver with the capture blade. Works great, easiest rest I have ever put on, and quiet. I had a drop zone, very good rest also.

Couple of things that sold me on the limb driver was the fact that I no longer have a string attached to my cable and if (and that's a big if) the string ever broke you could use anything, such as a boot string, draw cord from a jacket, etc. to replace it in a pinch. It uses standard D-Loop string which is light and small to carry in your pack or pocket. If you have nothing, you could still shoot it, never tried it, and I'm sure there would be some arrow kick, but you could till shoot it.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.