Archery Talk Forum banner

best indoor rest

1134 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  DimeTimeTom
im trying to get ready for the indoor season again after a few years break and looking for a new rest. i used one of the NAP plunger rests ever since i started shooting but havent been able to find the replacement heads anymore. what rest do you all recomend. i have a nap drop away on her right now, should i stay with that?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
TT spring steel , what else ?

try a TT spring steel 2 with 0.012 blade , easy to set up , never move , never break, what else ; before id shot a nap smart rest and before a classical pacesetter but my TT is the best for target IMO

· Registered
755 Posts
Most target guys will use carbon style launcher rest like a Brite Sight Pro Tune or Spot Hogg Premier (old Golden Premier)
Very few use drop away type rests for target, but there are a few.

I use the Premier rest for it's micro movements both left/right and up/down.
The Pro Tuner only has left/right micro adjust (no up/down micro adjust)

· Registered
4,477 Posts
the spring steel blade rests are tuff to beat. They are easy to set up and have no moving parts. That means less to go wrong at that in-opportune moment. Personally I use a Trophy Taker but there are several different ones out there that do the same job.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Brite Site Pro Tuner for indoors.:) Any of the launcher styles will get the job done thou. The Limb Driver isnt a bad choice either!!!

· Registered
2,592 Posts
Another vote for Trophy Taker SS, like Everybody else says simple, reliable, full proof, set it and forget it. :wink:

· Registered
572 Posts
I have a question also ( imagine that ) with the spring steel rests , do you have an issue with helical fletchings hitting the rest? I had a small issue at first even with my straight feathers, and would like to go to helicals but it seems they would hit the rest pretty badly.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
I have a question also ( imagine that ) with the spring steel rests , do you have an issue with helical fletchings hitting the rest? I had a small issue at first even with my straight feathers, and would like to go to helicals but it seems they would hit the rest pretty badly.
Remember, arrow spin can not begin until the arrow leaves the string. With the string traveling beyond its resting place there is practically no arrow spin until the arrow has completely left the bow.

· Registered
572 Posts
Remember, arrow spin can not begin until the arrow leaves the string. With the string traveling beyond its resting place there is practically no arrow spin until the arrow has completely left the bow.
I understand that . So if the feathers are twisted and the rest barely fits between them I would surely get contact with helicals?

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,603 Posts
Brite Site Pro Tuner rest.

I've been using large diameter Carbon Express X-Jammers and haven't contact issues.

· Registered
4,477 Posts
With large feathers and a hard helical you could have a clearance issue. Especially if you are using a stiff blade. If you are using a more flexable blade with a lower angle it may flex enough on the shot to give you the clearance you need. But, if you have already had fletch clearance issues before I would imagine the blade may not be the way to go. I know several pro shooters use feathers and a blade style launcher but I am not sure about how much if any of a helical they use.

If clearance is going to be an issue with a standard launcher rest and you want to continue using the fletch configuration you are using you'll probably have to use a fall-away type rest. The limb driver has been reliable but looks kinda funky. Whatever rest you choose keep it simple. Less parts, less to go wrong.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
awesome guys thanks for the input. now i got some research to do :wink: talkin about that spott hog reminded me i have a plat. premiere around here somewhere, ill test it out with some spring steel launchers see if i can save some cash.
Ill be using that exact arrow combo as belsy, 2315 w/ 4 inch feather

yea i'm not much on my drop away so its gone..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.