Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of lighted knocks are ya'll using and what would you recommend? I shoot Carbon Xpress Maxima's. Also how do these systems deploy, I know some utilize magnets and such...

· Registered
905 Posts
There is no doubt that Firenocks are the best of the best, but you pay for the quality. They light by a g-force sensor controlled by a microprocessor. All others have issues.

· Banned
2,999 Posts
Nocturnal all the way

· Registered
393 Posts
Never had a problem with the tracer nocks, unless you dont turn them off before you put them away for the season.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
nocturnals.. My only complaint is learning how to shut them off the first time. I fudged one up to the point of no return.. After you get it once tho its fairly simple

· Registered
1,586 Posts
On another note... Am I the only one who uses lighted nocks not so much so I can find the arrow after putting a well placed shot on and seeing it in flight, (which is a huggggge advantage at dusk and really anytime for that matter, you can flat out see exactly where you hit) but for if the arrow sticks in the deer, which happens alot for me. These really come in handy then not only so you can watch where its running but for when your tracking it really helps find the arrow at night, just turn the lights off and look for the glow and pick up the trail from there.

· Registered
1,694 Posts
i've got a pile of Nocturnals and a pile of Firenocks. not even close - Nocturnals EASILY. SO easy, light and reliable. Firenocks are crazy with circuit boards, batteries, little o-rings, etc.

as to the others that require magnets on your riser, etc... No, thanks. not for me.

· Registered
2,581 Posts
Nockturnals have worked the best for me. I'm sure the firenocks have better technology, but how much tech do I need in a lighted nock? The nockturnals have never failed to light up for me, don't have to have a magnet stuck to the bow to work, are the least weight of any lighted nocks I've found, and don't break the bank when you go to buy them. The reason I use lighted nocks in the first place is to help me determine shot placement on animals, and secondly to find my arrow after the shot.

· Registered
10,204 Posts
really like the firenocks! But I have never tried the nockturnals.

with that said, nockturnals would be the only other I would try besides the firenocks.

· Registered
182 Posts
Currently, I have a lumenock, and a nockturnal. I have to say that I prefer the nockturnal. It's a little harder to turn off, but think it's more reliable than the lumenock. When I shot my buck last year, I used the lumenock and saw it light up a little ways to the deer, but seemed like mid way, it just shut off. When I found my arrow (pass thru) the light was not on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.