Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who make them? I always wanted to try them out? (arrow Easton bowfire)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Firenocks are probably the most reliable (also the most expensive by far, twice as much as other lighted nocks) but you also have to glue them in if thats something you care about. But like I said they are probably the best. Other than that, I would say lumenoks, just make sure you install them correctly (sanding down the end of your arrow so there is a good connection). I use lumenoks.

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
I shot most of all the lighted nocks and I will say they all are not the best, well the ones that I tried, easton tracer, carbon express, TGB, Afterburn, nock out, nockturnal, Lumnok and firenock. but I will if I could afford firenock I would probably shoot them, I tried the nock outs this year and like the turn off and on idea but once you got them to fit the shafts correct and shot them all year long and then you turn them on and shoot them and hit a hard surface like the ground (pass thru on deer) they turned off with the push back of the arrow stopping so fast.

I wish double take still were the owns of nockturnals, but I'll most likely be shooting the rage nockturnals this year.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've had nothing but great results with Nockturnals in ACC's, Blue streaks, and Gold tips.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I've tried various brands and have had limited success with it. I'm not too thrilled about spending that kind of money on something that works at best 2 out of 3 tries which has led me to just take them off all together. It's a neat concept but not worth the extra cash that could go elsewhere. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so are all of you guys saying to save my money?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nockturnals in red! the blue is too dim IMO. Red stands out well and they are easy to turn off.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
I have played with quite a few. The best lighted nock by far is the Firenocks. They are also the most expensive but have a lifetime warranty and for the money I wasted on the cheaper nocks should have just invested in them and saved in the long run. Next best are the Lumenocks and they have been pretty reliable with no breakage issues. I have also used Nocturnals but they ended up breaking relatively quickly just shooting targets. TGB were horrible and started breaking within the first 10 shots shooting at targets. The worst by far were the Nockouts. Of the cheaper nocks the only ones I would spend my money on are the Lumenocks. Otherwise just invest in the Firenocks. They may cost more but you will have no failure issues and will last.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Firenocks hands down.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I stopped using lighted nocks due to the cost vs. reliability. I haven't tried them all so I can't speak which one is the best because I quit while I was ahead.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
All the ones I've used have been junk. I now just use reflective wraps and have had no issues recovering arrows after a shot.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Firenocks are probably the most reliable (also the most expensive by far, twice as much as other lighted nocks) but you also have to glue them in if thats something you care about. But like I said they are probably the best. Other than that, I would say lumenoks, just make sure you install them correctly (sanding down the end of your arrow so there is a good connection). I use lumenoks.
Uuuuh not sure why you glued in your firenocks but no you don't glue them in????

·
Bow Bender
6,510 Posts
Nope, you don't glue Firenocks in place. In fact, that is the last thing you want to do with them. You will need to glue an Extreme Shock End Cap in your shaft which is simple, easy, and it makes the system work flawlessly. Once that the ESEC is in place, pop a battery in the circuit, put the circuit in the precision nock, and shoot till you can't stand it any more. If you damage the nock, just swap nocks out. Battery dies, just put a new one in. Damage your circuit? (Heaven forbid!), Dorge will replace it with a few one for a small fee. Reliable? Incredibly reliable. I love the flashing circuit personally. It stays on solid for 6 seconds. Then begins to blink. You can find that arrow very easily, even if it is buried up under grass, etc. It has allowed me to recover shafts I would have never found otherwise.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree with everyone that has said firenocks. Undoubtedly, undeniably the BEST lighted nock available. If someone says there is a better lighted nock, I doubt that they have ever used firenocks. Your paying for the technology, dependability and durability when you purchase firenocks, imo, money very well spent.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts