Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a good lighted nock for half moon nocks?

I am new to crossbows.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Either Lumenok or Firenock. Guess it all depends on what you wanna spend...Lumenok, about 10 per nock, Firenock, roughly 20....Firenocks are not cheap and do have a slight learning curve to properly set-up but they are a TREMENDOUS lighted nocks. I have used both and both will do exactly what they are designed to do. Do some research them..

·
Huntoholic
10,796 Posts
I like and use the firenocks, they have been 100% for me. Plus once you have them, if you change bows and need to change nock styles, they will interchange with any nock firenock sells, and no switches or punching or poking to deactivate, and no accidental turning on or going off.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If you want NASA built nocks go fire nock , they had a million $ crapper on the space shuttle , it sucked **** like a champ! Better then floating up on ya !!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If you want NASA built nocks go fire nock , they had a million $ crapper on the space shuttle , it sucked **** like a champ! Better then floating up on ya !!
the bows I got love the $30 for 3 type / with replaceable lights/battery . No missle guidance assistance needed ;) !

·
Registered
384 Posts
The Firenock seems to be the better product. More difficult to assemble with the extreme shock end caps, etc., but after that they are much easier to work with. I tried Lumenock and halfway through the hunting season the batteries all died in the cold weather. The Lumenocks are much more difficult to turn off.

The Firenock product can be switched off by simply standing the arrow on its tip, or insert, raised about 3-4 inches and dropped on a relatively hard surface. Never had a Firenock product fail.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
We have shot them all. Lumenoks, Firenocks for all bow including most high performance bows. Clean Shot Nock Outs are overlooked often. They make a very nice nock as well that works great. Easy to install, no tinkering around, true practice mode, and easy off.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have shot them all. Lumenoks, Firenocks for all bow including most high performance bows. Clean Shot Nock Outs are overlooked often. They make a very nice nock as well that works great. Easy to install, no tinkering around, true practice mode, and easy off.
I just found some damaged package clean shots for $19 on Amazon
I'll try those first then check out the firenocks

·
Huntoholic
10,796 Posts
I always looked at the the firenocks as an investment, when I put $10.00+ in an arrow, and screw a $15.00 Broadhead on the tip of it, I could put 10 bucks on the other end hope to find it. I just always figured like the NASA chit, when you put that much money into the atmosphere headed for no mans land, I want the same thing NASA does,,,,,, I want that chit to come back home!!! So when I send my $25.00+ chosen hunting arrow into no man's land, I'll spend the other $25.00 into the ars end to assure it makes it back home, if it's good enough for NASA it obviously will work for me, 4 years now and I have never had a failure with a firenock, and the only one I ever lost was because I was to lazy to go look for it, it was in about 8' to 10' of water in a river, my fault. The rest under leaves, under snow in bean fields you name it,, I have made the recovery.

So over 20 deer kill's, that's sending over $500.00 worth of them tiny missile downrange not counting the $500.00 worth of tracking light to recover them, that's 1000 bucks I have recovered minus the river shot,, I don't shoot deer standing broadside beside a river anymore, but I have recovered 95% of my money using the firenocks,, I'll continue to waste my money.

6 to 8 inches under the weeds in a cpr field then covered in snow, I had to go back after dark, but over 30 yards behind the kill I walked to straight to it, 10 second recovery!
IMG_2307-II.jpg

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
What bow do you shoot? The mission mxb400 isn't compatible with any lighted nock on the market at this time.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You can get 2 CARBON EXPRESS LAUNCH PAD lighted nocks and 5 C. E. BLUE STREAK 20" 415 grain arrows with 3" FUSION vanes on eBay for around $20.00-$30.00 on auction. Those arrows normally sell for about $60.00+. I bought a few boxes. Paid between $20.00-$30.00 at auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What bow do you shoot? The mission mxb400 isn't compatible with any lighted nock on the market at this time.
I have a Killer Instinct KI 350 and some gold tip swift custom bolts with half moon nocks

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Firenock ... is the best. Question is do you want the Krieghoff of lighted nocks?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You can get 2 CARBON EXPRESS LAUNCH PAD lighted nocks and 5 C. E. BLUE STREAK 20" 415 grain arrows with 3" FUSION vanes on eBay for around $20.00-$30.00 on auction. Those arrows normally sell for about $60.00+. I bought a few boxes. Paid between $20.00-$30.00 at auction.

Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Their almost gone. It's nice to see people get a good deal!! I'm always trying to be helpful to all! That's how I'm wired!! I was gonna shoot them today but it kept raining, snowing, and hailing off and on. I did get my PIN POINT sited back in!! LOL!! HANDS DOWN THEE BEST HUNTING SCOPE. 3 shots and I was dead on at 30. Cranked it to 60 and nailed the center one time!!!! DONE!!!! AWESOME SCOPE!! It never comes off my STORM AGAIN!!!!!!! I might end up buying one for the SCORPYD TOO. We shall see how the VORTEX VIPER XBR PERFORMS FIRST.

·
Huntoholic
10,796 Posts
Every bow is, they make a flat nock a moon nock and full capture for all else, don't read to much into it. Firenock has you covered. When I had the 405's and the 380's even the Micro I could use the same lights in my D2 nocks I use in the Flat nocks, sometimes you actually get more than you pay for!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts