Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I HAVE FOUND THAT ANY FIBER OPTIC SIGHTS ON THE MARKET ARE GOOOD SIGHT FOR LOW LIGHT... I USED A SAVAGE SIGHT WITH FIBER OPTIC PINS FOR HUNTING , AND THEY WORK GREAT

THANKS ROBK FOR THAT SIGHT LOL.

NEWBIN

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
What type of sight do you want. I just bought a moveable one pin sight. Of the three I looked at they were all bright fiber optics. The cosmic was definietly the brighest---too bright for me. Ibought the cobra electra slide ...it is a bright site then at dusk and dawn it has a light on the fiber optic. Go to an archery shop and look at all of them---take them out in the sun and look because there is more hunting time during daylight hours than low light conditions---then in the shade ---then in room with very low light. Get one that works for your eyes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I SHOOT A TRU GLOW SIGHT( 2000 SERIS ) NOW.IT HAS A TRITIUM PIN , THE PIN WORKED GREAT ALTHOUGH IT HAS DIMMED OUT AFTER 3 YEARS.THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT IT WAS IT WAS BIG...NOT GOOD FOR PRECISE AIMING.I AM DEBATING WETHER OR NOT TO BUY A NEW TRITIUM PIN OR GET A NEW SIGHT.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I shoot a Trophy Ridge 3 pin Flatliner and love it.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Impact Archery Cosmic. This thing is unbelievable. Before that, I shot a lot of tritium sights with good results.

Dan

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The Trophy Ridge Matrix with it's.029" TRU GLO fibers are incredible in low-light. As a matter of fact, shooting hours are over and you can still see the aiming dots. As if that wasn't enough, you can use the Nitro light sticks OR the new LED Blue light. A blind man could nearly see the pins with the LED light. I used this set-up this spring in my DB blind and was amazed at how incredible and precise my aiming dot was regardless of time. Check 'em out :cool:

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
like newbin said the savage sight is very good in low light and it is designed that the whole pin and guard are built to hold in light as well as using the green and amber fibers for the 20 to 30 yard pins and then a red one for the 40 yard pin. another one i use now is the coper john deadnuts hunter. but i went and sentback the .29's and they sent me .40's so i could see the better. i didn;t have a problem with the savage but the copper john sure is easy to se now lol. and newbin your welcome and i will send you my address and phone number and try to come to wher eyou live and steel one of thsoe big bucks in your back yard lol
so either one the savage is great and so is the copper john deadnuts hunter
rob k

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
The Impact Archery Cosmic is a movable sight with one pin. They now make the Trio with three pins. These things are awesome.

Dan

·
Registered
292 Posts
A BIG second to Cornfed on the Trophy Ridge sights.

I have a Micro-Matrix and I've never seen a brighter .19" pin! I also use a no-peep and can see it and the pins way outside of legal shooting time. That's without any artifical light...I haven't even needed to use the lightsticks. Although it's nice to know they're P&Y legal if I want to!

P.

·
Registered
395 Posts
bright sight

You should look at the new Cobra Sidewinder. Two feet of fiber-optic per pin, & Cobra is as tough as they get.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
sight

the new truglo glo-brite 3 pin works great for anybody that can get by with 3 pins,pretty economical price also,nice size housing for centering on the peep too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts